Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
06 V8
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think it's weird that the T is the only VW I've had where the front windows are one touch, but the rears aren't. The switches for the back don't have the second stage like the fronts do. Is it as simple as changing the switch to one that has the one touch all around? Any programming required? I'm going to order another switch module and try to do it myself, just looking to hear if anyone has successfully done it before.

·
Registered
06 V8
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Why only on the T though? Passats, Jettas, Golfs, A4/S4 all had one touch rears through the same years at my T is.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Probably common on older models, 2017 are one touch with child lockout switch on drivers door.

·
Registered
2006 V8 Touareg AIR, nav, hid
4,402 Posts
2004 Touareg also had the child lockout switch on the drivers door.

·
Registered
2,918 Posts
I think it's weird that the T is the only VW I've had where the front windows are one touch, but the rears aren't. The switches for the back don't have the second stage like the fronts do. Is it as simple as changing the switch to one that has the one touch all around? Any programming required? I'm going to order another switch module and try to do it myself, just looking to hear if anyone has successfully done it before.
what year Touareg? My 2012 has one touch up and down for all four windows. I don't remember if I program that in with vag-com or if that was stock though

·
Registered
2,918 Posts
ohh. I'm of no help then, that's probably right around the time that Volkswagen actually started using one touch up and down in the Rears

·
Registered
06 V8
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Your Mk3's should have one touch for the rears (at least down), so it's not like it's new to them. It just doesn't make sense, but we'll go crazy trying to figure out why they engineered them like that. From a couple things I've read, it does seem as though it's possible to enable them in the T

·
Registered
2,918 Posts
Your Mk3's should have one touch for the rears (at least down), so it's not like it's new to them. It just doesn't make sense, but we'll go crazy trying to figure out why they engineered them like that. From a couple things I've read, it does seem as though it's possible to enable them in the T
that's a good question. I feel like with the MK3 only the driver side was one touch down but I could be wrong. The MK4 both front windows would go down with one touch, but I really don't remember if the rear windows were one touch I feel like they were not. Or maybe one touch down and not up

1 - 13 of 13 Posts