Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seeing I generally use my OEM fogs as daytime driving lights, I've been thinking for a while to replace the H11 halogen bulb fitted with a single LED projector type H11 bulb that would simply slot right into the existing fogs housing.

I would like to achieve a DRL look so a high power multiple LED 50W bulb will not do, I'm thinking of a single LED of around the 5500-6000K and output of around 500+ lumens per side might achieve the look that I'm after, issue is I cannot find a suitable bulb that will simply slot in and replace the H11 halogen.

I have purchased a couple of sets that looked like they may work but the barrel of the LED projector is just too thick and will not fit into the fog light housing, I've attached a pic of my halogen bulb showing the diameter that's currently there.

Has anyone found a suitable LED bulb to achieve the look I am after and possibly done the conversion?

Would appreciate any heads up as where these bulbs can be obtained, need not be VW CAN-Bus complient as I have a couple of resistors I can wire on if a "light out" error message arises.

Thanks,

TonyB

Attachments

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I got LED's in my touareg for the fogs. They're 6k, and do quite well.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

I assume you got 50w or 80w LED's, do you know if they come in low power, say a 20w or thereabouts?

If you can find a link with specs for me that would be great.

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks, just can't see how yours fitted, one of the Amazon pics show size as being 18mm.
If you look at my first post pics the 18mm led bulb would not a physically go into my fog light housing opening, is your Touareg a 7L?

Tony

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.