Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm having issues with the rear hatch and alarm. The rear hatch will not reliably open via drivers-side door button or remote (remote has fresh batteries), and my alarm goes off very frequently when I lock the doors. Icing on the cake: Today my friend mentioned that my alarm was going off when he went out to feed my parking meter.

So, what's the likely culprit? I know that the Convenience Module has a bad reputation for being fickle, but my mechanic scanned and didn't find any codes. Is there a separate module or the alarm or something else I should be looking at? Part of my issue is related to the extended warranty - they won't pay unless it's throwing a code, or the issue is demonstrated to their rep - which as you'd expect - never seems to happen when they're present.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Rear hatch latch micro-switch? When the trunk is shut the MFI shows the trunk as shut and when open it shows as open? When a micro-switch goes it will cause symptoms like what you are experiencing. It sounds like it could be broken or breaking...breaking being more difficult to track down.

Note the rear glass also has a micro-switch. Does this show closed when closed open when open?

I mention the above because I assume the power lift won't lift if the hatch registers as "open" already.

If the above is not the case then...?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hmmm... Interesting idea, but I haven't noticed the MFI ever erroneously showing the rear hatch as open. The vast majority of the time the alarm goes off when I'm locking the car (either from the exterior door button or clicker), and I haven't even opened the hatch that day.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.