Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Got these put on today, 265/65R17:

Initially they are nice and quiet and the ride is smooth, steering remains direct, feels better than the 245/65 Toyo opencountry U/T that used to be on the car. 15914148796994162275247419870420.jpg IMG_20200606_135356.jpg IMG_20200606_135246.jpg IMG_20200606_135325.jpg

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
(y) everyone loves new tyres ... enjoy

How many ply's in the side walls does it read on the side of the tyre ?

Recently stepped up to same size but Pirelli and was surprised with ply's amount but could be for on road suppleness.

·
Learner
4,980 Posts

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Singh ... youre next !! ??

Reactions: Singh

·
Learner
4,980 Posts
Singh ... youre next !! ??
Been running cross contacts for years now, not these but previous model
Am tossing up between Pirelli at plus and Goodyear wrangler

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
...Sorry meant the size ... albeit 18" rims for the bigger V10 rotors

·
Learner
4,980 Posts
...Sorry meant the size ... albeit 18" rims for the bigger V10 rotors
Yep run 18s, the min that fit.
Will move up to 265 60 18, rather than 255

·
Learner
4,980 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Been running cross contacts for years now, not these but previous model
Am tossing up between Pirelli at plus and Goodyear wrangler
Hi Singh. I'm running the Perelli AT+ on my 2014 (235/65 17s). Probably 10k plus on them now. They are very good off road - used in serious dry gravel, on hills, beaches and sandy spots and not even looked like a problem. Haven't really given them a hammering in the mud, but it's only June :p They were super quiet for the first 5000k but have begun to whine a bit now, but that's the trade off for that aggressive tread and traction. I can't imagine wranglers would be any quieter anyhow. And in fairness to the tyres, I should add my mechaninc and I are sus about a wheel bearing at the moment, so that might be where some of that noise is coming from.

I'll be intersted to hear about @gldtdi's experience with the Conti's, as that was my other choice when I upgraded.

·
Learner
4,980 Posts
Hi Singh. I'm running the Perelli AT+ on my 2014 (235/65 17s). Probably 10k plus on them now. They are very good off road - used in serious dry gravel, on hills, beaches and sandy spots and not even looked like a problem. Haven't really given them a hammering in the mud, but it's only June :p They were super quiet for the first 5000k but have begun to whine a bit now, but that's the trade off for that aggressive tread and traction. I can't imagine wranglers would be any quieter anyhow. And in fairness to the tyres, I should add my mechaninc and I are sus about a wheel bearing at the moment, so that might be where some of that noise is coming from.

I'll be intersted to hear about @gldtdi's experience with the Conti's, as that was my other choice when I upgraded.
thanks Drewza.
I have been through two sets of Pirelli ATRs (previous version of AT Plus) and loved them. very quite and very good across everything except mud of course.
The AT + is more aggressive then the ATRs with extra sidewall protection which is great. quite a few of the club members had them at the Bega muster last year.
thanks for sharing your experience, i am still deciding and will make my move after the lock down is over across oz... so I am ready to take off with the new shoes. :)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Good choice. I'm running Conti tires also but CrossContact UHP. These tires have excellent dry traction. Steering is responsive and precise. Got them from 4wheelonline.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts