Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2004 Touareg V8, original owner. I was attempting to reset/adjust my remote memory, turned ignition to on position and pressed 'memory' button on remote until green light flashed. This did not synchronize the mirrors, so I did this about 4 times. After which, the radio screen said "All consumer electronics turned off." The brake pedal went solid hard to touch, and the battery completely drained. I was not able to even crank the motor. I thought, ok, this should reset in a few minutes, but, no, it did not. I then jumped the Treg and started it. Turned on the radio and it said "safe mode." The battery recharged after 20 minutes. The next morning, the battery was dead. Again, I jumped it and drove it for an hour. All good, so I thought. That night, still had full power. the next morning, it was dead again. Took it to my independent shop. They said there was a 2 amp draw on the battery. They heard a very faint clicking behind the central area of the dash. They chose not to work further on it.

So, I would appreciate the club's help. Thank you.

·
Registered
3,564 Posts
It is possible that the garage did not get the car into sleep mode. Turn off vehicle, remove key, close doors, leave alone for 20 minutes. So, until further evidence is presented, we could have (1) Just a dead battery with a cell the suddenly died or (2) a high amp draw killing the battery.

You are going to have to put a new battery in it. You will want to then run VCDS to look for any errors. You will have ton's of errors. Save the errors in a file, then clear the errors. Run the car around for 10 minutes or so. Rescan for errors. Save the rescan. Post the rescan errors here.

Check the battery voltage every 2 hours. If the battery appears to be discharging, then unhook it. If voltage is good, then leave it and check the voltage again in the morning. In 8 hours (4 readings) we can pretty much determine if we have a problem or not.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts