Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All:

I am a newbie here and live in NA. I am in the market to buy a older 2007-2010 TReg. I had VW Jetta many years ago and loved that car. Drove it for 180K before selling it to my mechanic! At the time, I wanted an SUV and VW did not make one (2001).

However, now I am in the market for a new SUV and am considering a used TReg. I am leading towards the TDI version because of the better MPG. My concern is . . . because there are not a lot of them on the road here is the USA, will maintenance and repair costs be more expensive??

I am leaning towards a 2009 TReg 2 V6 TDI 142k miles on it cause it keeps the price point down (Asking $9988). However, since I maintain my cars well and got 180K out of my Jetta I am hopeful I can get over 200K with this vehicle.

Also, I am told Diesel engines last longer? What are you thoughts?
Is this a wise investment?

Thanks for the feedback!

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
Read the buying a used Touareg thread. The link is in my signature but you need to be on a PC to see it.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have a 2009 Touareg, V6 Tdi 240 hp. The car has 200.000 km, bought it 3000 km ago. So far, the car had been great, no major problem. I too had a Jetta ( here it is named Bora) for almost 8 years. It was my first car, I regret that I sold it to a guy who destroyed it. Anyway, when you go to see the Touareg you like, search for someone who has vcds and scan the car too, check that all equipment work. if it has air suspension, check if it works. best of luck

1 - 6 of 6 Posts