Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Premium Member
4,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, I knew there was another Touareg forum somewhere that I was missing. Maybe I should post some of the pics in the thread.

Example of an audio device connected to the AUX connections of the nav radio.

Example of a cell phone installation connected to the nav radio.

Example of a cell phone installation connected to the standard radio.
[/url]

· Registered
22 Posts
Nokia Car Kit

I own the Nokia Car kit that was shown in the photos. YOu can buy it from your NOkia SunCom store its about 160.00. I also have the
matching Touareg phone mount that is sold by Chad on Tregcentral.com.
You can order it in the same matching interior as your T-reg. Excellent fit and finish. Let me know if you want photos.

[email protected]

· Registered
22 Posts
Help with XM installation

I would appreciate more specific help installing the XM to my radio/nav unit. My installer just installed my XM 4 days ago and my entire nav/radio system crashed within 24 hours. The XM was coming on but not being played thru speakers, both of my radio channel displays read different channels and my nav system map showed that my car was NOT on a road, but somehow travelling down the center of the James River. Once i turned the XM power button off, and then rebooted my stereo/nav, my system worked fine.

Im assuming that there was something in the wiring that my Treg didnt like about the XM. I know they had to order some antenna from Florida
but i am having to take it back to the installer monday, and would REALLY appreciate any installation/wiring help.

Pls email directly to [email protected] thanks M. Richardson

· Registered
13 Posts
Mytreg has the passenger airbag light in the button below the nav screen and the parking assist button too. Does anyone know if a female miniplug connected to the nav radio aux can be installed in the airbag light button? I had seen such an installation here or on vwvortex and it looked like the cleanest way to hook up an ipod or mp3 player.

· Premium Member
4,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Respost of what I posted on VWVortex for those of you who don't make it there:

It only took me 4 months but I finally installed a permanent auxiliary plug and a 12V power supply in my center console box. Now all I need to do is get my MP3 player back from the repair shop and I can listen to 20 gb of music.

One end:

The other end:

I did a bad thing and didn't take pictures all the way through. I started to take pics and then in the middle stopped. Then took some at the end. I will post them below.

Here are the basic steps:
1) Remove light in box.
2) lift box out of console by front and back - it isn't screwed down. Note that there is actually a second box (see 2nd and third photos) in the center console held down by many screws and holding some of the console together. This doesn't get removed but some of it must be dremel cut away to make room for the 12V plug and audio plug.
3) Remove two screws in front of box - see photos
4) pop off wood section around cupholder - you will probably lose 1 or more of the 4 metal clips that hold this on. Be prepared to fish them out with a magnet.
5) Remove cupholder - lift it out. It snaps in from the rear.
6) Remove plastic frame on top of center console that holds front wood and all switches. Unplug all switches and other electrical devices.
7) Cut appropriate holes in secondary box.
8) Match up and cut proper holes in the inner box.
9) Run wires along inside of center console to front of center console and up behind radio. You will need to remove the radio and the lower plastic panel under the dash in the footwell area.
10) Take power from passenger fusebox and ground from where ever you can find it (use a solid chassis ground - don't tap into an existing ground).
11) Reassemble and you are done.

Took about 2 1/2 hours the first time. Probably could cut it down to 2 hours next time.

4 photos:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.