Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have purchased a V10, and the compressor is getting air but not working. Have had tree different companies look at it but none are able to fix it, as in able to get to it. The last told us it would be thousands????.
But find this hard to believe.
We live in the Maitland area in Newcastle does anyone recommend a repairer besides Kloster Ford.
We are going to try European car Centre Maryville, has anyone used them before???

·
Registered
56 Posts
The compressor like the one that fills the air suspension? Or the air conditioning compressor? If it's the air suspension compressor I believe it's located in the rear under the spare tire. Or in that general area.

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
The air suspension compressor is located under the right hand side of the vehicle, outboard of the unibody frame rail. Remove the long plastic stone/mud guard to find it.

The air tank for the suspension is located under the rear load floor, next to the poor excuse for a spare tire.

In the USA, a new compressor us about $400+ USD, depending on where you source it from.... :- /

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
You need to get the car scanned for faults using VCDS. There are other fault scanners but VCDS is the one you need.

You have bought a nice car BUT they can be VERY expensive to fix, especially that engine.

Take the time to read the buying a used Touareg thread - link in my signature - you will learn a lot and know what other well known and quite common faults might be coming your way.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi thank you for your reply, its the air conditioner its not blowing cold air. Some say you need to drop the engine to get to the compressor. But I have recently read this is not the case.'

·
Registered
56 Posts
Find a guy with a vag com now! I had the same problem just fixed it with a vag com. The compressor was "offline" because of a loss of pressure fault code" stored in the computer. Cleared the code and its fully fixed.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.