Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So... This is just kind of an odd annoyance that I don't understand. I have the "coming home" feature set to keep the headlights on for 20 seconds after turning off the car to light my way up the driveway. When I set it a day ago it was working, but now it doesn't appear to be. It's odd because the "Leaving home" feature is fine and the lights always come on when I unlock the Treg. It seems like it's temperamental or something, because sometimes everything works without a problem. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Verify in the MFI
I did. I forgot to mention that yesterday was not the first time I set it. It had been set for 10s and wasn't coming on. So I set it to 20s to see if it would change. It worked for the first time, maybe 2, but didn't come on after that.

·
Registered
242 Posts
I did. I forgot to mention that yesterday was not the first time I set it. It had been set for 10s and wasn't coming on. So I set it to 20s to see if it would change. It worked for the first time, maybe 2, but didn't come on after that.
What year is your Touareg?

Reason I ask is this changed when I went from my 2012 to my 2016. MFI was set correctly, but dealer told me I have to flash my headlight stalk before I get out of the vehicle after I turn it off for the feature to work as I have it set. Needless to say, I never had to do this with my 2012, but I indeed have to do it on the 2016. Annoying, but I do it now if needed and works each time.

·
Registered
996 Posts
What year is your Touareg?

Reason I ask is this changed when I went from my 2012 to my 2016. MFI was set correctly, but dealer told me I have to flash my headlight stalk before I get out of the vehicle after I turn it off for the feature to work as I have it set. Needless to say, I never had to do this with my 2012, but I indeed have to do it on the 2016. Annoying, but I do it now if needed and works each time.
My 2009 Eos requires a flash of the main beams to activate the coming home feature. But my 2010 Touareg does not. Perhaps a VCDS coding?

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Glad to know it's not just me and that's it's yet another odd electrical "feature". Mine is an 08. I could be making thisnu, but I hought I remember it working fine months ago.

Full disclosure, I have been having a no-start issue where all the electrical works fine but it won't start with key or push-button. I've been reading on here and I think it's the Kessy module but dealership tells me the whole steering column has to be replaced to change it. I don't think hat's true as past posts about the issue haven't mentioned that.....

...Anyways, all of tha to say that I've been constantly disconnecting/reconnecting the battery to get it to start. Maybe that has some effect on the electricals? It has been a while since I disconnected the battery though, so I don't know.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Gosh dang! I'm typing this quickly on my phone and My typos are horrendous lol

* "I could be making this up but I thought It was working fine several months ago." Is what I meant to say.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts