Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I started to use this function and I noticed that sometimes, when I'm walking away from the vehicle and holding the lock button, the windows won't go up or go up and stop midway, I have to go back near the vehicle and press and hold the lock button again and wait for the windows to fully close. Same thing sometimes happens when opening the windows.

Is someone using this function encounter similar problems?

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
Seems obvious that you are getting out of range..... replace your FOB battery since they sound like they are weak.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Seems obvious that you are getting out of range..... replace your FOB battery since they sound like they are weak.
Wouldn't I get a warning in the dashboard for a weak key battery or is that not a thing in Touaregs?

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
As you hold the button press the key fob firmly against your head above your ear as you walk away. This increases the range considerably.

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
I can unlock the car from over 60 metres away using my head as an antenna but only 20 or so using just the fob. So, yes, try it!

It's also a useful function when trying to find your car in a large field at night after a big open air concert for example.

I'd still change the batteries in BOTH fobs though!

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
Wouldn't I get a warning in the dashboard for a weak key battery or is that not a thing in Touaregs?
Maybe you should just look for a warning in your dash as to why your comfort windows stop operating as you're walking away..... :grin2:

·
Registered
3,564 Posts
If you replace the fob batteries, use only energizer or duracell coin cells. These fob pull hard on a battery and the generic / cheap coin cells do not work well in them.

Not sure if joking or for real, but ok.
Try it and report back. I am not sure if it started as a joke or not, but I testify that it increases range. Dunno know why it works, but it does.

Again, Try it and report back.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
If you replace the fob batteries, use only energizer or duracell coin cells. These fob pull hard on a battery and the generic / cheap coin cells do not work well in them
Do I need to do any key synchronizations or procedures after replacing the battery?

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
No. Just be quick when you change the battery.

·
Registered
3,564 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts