Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
"A group of about a dozen county-wide Touareg Owners is organizing a
'Summer 2004 Colorado Rockies Touareg Ralley.' They are seeking a few
more serious signees in order to reach the pre-determined maximum group size of 15-18. The Ralley will be held Tuesday through Thursday of the weeks July 19-23rd or July 26-30th. Location will be in the San Juan Mountains of South-Central Colorado and will utilize what is known as the "Alpine Loop", a connecting series of Class I non-paved roads that cross 10,000 ft.
elevation several times. Accommodations will be booked in the area of Lake City, Silverton, Ouray, Durango & Telluride ... before, during and just after the event. Activities include to much to repeat here but, are shaping up to 'impressive.' To get your name on the list, contact:
[email protected]"

·
Registered
467 Posts

·
Registered
467 Posts
I have talked to Robert from Motodyne. He has just finished his supercharged V8 Touareg and is interested in attending this event to unvail the the power of his Touareg (450hp......as much as the Cayanne!!!) He also has a few European tuner companies he works with that have built a Touareg for desert racing. They may also show interest in attending.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Alpine Trail

Hey guy

I have the optional 19" wheels with summer performance tires. Do you know if they can be used for this rally or should I change them over to all season tires.

thanks

·
Administrator
4,286 Posts
I would not use those tires off road, although some mights. I would consider getting at least all weather or something more with a more off-road friendly tread.

I am going to be looking into getting some 16" steel wheel fabricated here in Colorado for my Touareg specifically for off-roading. When I get some more info on this wheel, I will post info to this forum.

·
Administrator
4,286 Posts
azlinbackr, our rally will be MUCH slower (not to mention warmer) than that video :) .

·
Administrator
4,286 Posts
I am looking into getting some professional off-road training before the event for anyone that is interested. It will probably focus on obstacle clearance, traction control technology/use and extraction techniques. Of course this is all subject to change until we actually book it.
Ideas?

Here is the link: http://www.avalancheohvranch.com/

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
I'M INTERESTED

I would like to know what kind of money is involved.... the time off won't be a problem.

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
ANYONE HAVE INFO?

I am interested in this event and have been wondering/asking about it... but I haven't heard anything.

What's the latest?

·
Administrator
4,286 Posts
I'm helping organize this event, so if you have any questions about it, please don't hesitate to ask! I am actively watching this thread, so I will do my best to get back to you ASAP. Also feel free to IM me.

Chris in Colorado

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I wish I could join you guys.

Maybe we can set up a So Cal Rally in the near future =)

·
Administrator
4,286 Posts
azlinbackr said:
I have talked to Robert from Motodyne. He has just finished his supercharged V8 Touareg and is interested in attending this event to unvail the the power of his Touareg (450hp......as much as the Cayanne!!!) He also has a few European tuner companies he works with that have built a Touareg for desert racing. They may also show interest in attending.
Did they have a hand in building the Dakar Touareg?
We would love to talk with Robert. Where would he be coming from?

·
Administrator
4,286 Posts
WOW! :shock: That is quite a setup. That is also quite a price! :shock: However, given the price premium for the V10 TDI, this might be a good solution.

One of a participants/sponsors of the event, Liberty VW, if hoping to bring a V10 TDI Touareg with them. Maybe they can race!

·
Administrator
4,286 Posts
Data SET for 2004 Touareg Rally

We have set in on a date for our Rally.
Our event will fall during the days of July 19-23.

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
EXCELLENT!

Thanks for all you've done to get this organized. I can't wait!!!!

·
Administrator
4,286 Posts
Re: Date SET for 2004 Touareg Rally

Oh, and did I mention that the wild flowers should be in full bloom? :)

I have more info to come, but a lot is still pending. Our main organizer, Jerry Smith, has been sick and I have been away on my honeymoon vacation until just the other day. So we are playing catchup.

I will say that we are trying to arrange a visit to the Avalanche OHV Ranch for some pre-rally training/playtime in Southern Colorado.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts