Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When driving with the radio volume down, and especially when its cold out (I'm in MN) there is a clicking noise that sounds like a computer mouse coming from the front passenger compartment.
The clicking only occurs when hitting a bump, or when the vehicle oscillates fast, like when hitting a dip in the road.
I thought it was the power seat switches, but that's not what it is.
Nothing is obviously loose anywhere.
It's driving me nuts.
2005 V8 w air suspension, 110,000 miles.
Car was just at VW for an oil change and they didn't find a single thing wrong during their inspection.

Any ideas??

Attachments

·
Registered
13 Posts
My 2008 V-8 also makes a clicking sound from under the gear shift lever. It happens in auto, sport & when shifting through the 6 gears, so maybe it's not the shift lever. When it warms up I don't notice this clicking sound, but its annoying when it happens. I searched this issue, but didn't find any definitive reason for the clicking sound. I hope it's nothing to worry about.

·
Super Moderator
3,813 Posts
Check your front suspension upper control arms, especially the ball joints. One of mine was doing exactly that before I replaced it.

Reactions: Frederik and mc762

·
Registered
16 Posts
Clicking noise also started coming from my front passenger side once I changed my cabin filter about a month. My guess is he didn't snap everything back into to place before closing up. I didn't get the time to go back to him to fix it.

Just check if they also changed ur cabin filter along with the oil change. It might be the same issue.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I started taking the passenger side dash apart, and a large combination nut/washer thing fell out. It did not go to any of the screws I took out, I don't know what it went to, but the damn noise is gone.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I started taking the passenger side dash apart, and a large combination nut/washer thing fell out. It did not go to any of the screws I took out, I don't know what it went to, but the damn noise is gone.
Lol.. looks like somebody just put it in there to mess with you. I still didn't get the time to open up my front passenger dash. Also, I don't have the screw driver as the screws are really wierd star shaped shaped. I have learned to ignore the noise now.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have the exact same noise coming from my 2015 TDI Highline. I have 93,000km and it started this winter. Happens at higher speeds and when it hit bumps etc.in the passenger seat area. Sounds exactly like the passenger seat movement buttons/knobs etc. But its not them. It happens even when someone is sitting in the passenger seat. Driving me bananas! Anyone figure out what this mystery sound is?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I started taking apart the passenger side dash, which is no easy task. As I was progressing a quarter sized specialty nut/washer thing fell out. It seemed unrelated to the bolts I had previously removed. I drove around after that fell out, with the dash still apart, and the noise was gone. Put the dash together, and the noise was still gone. No idea what that nut is from, but 1 year later and still no noise.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts