Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was on the NJ turnpike yesterday and saw a blue V6 Touareg with clear front reflectors. Does anyone know were to find these? They looked sooooo much better than the amber ones. Also, how do you remove the reflectors, or if needed, the lower valence that houses them? Any info greatly appreciated :grin:

· Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was on the car lanes and she was on the car/truck lanes. I was looking so much she actually gave me a dirty look and slowed way down. Dont think she would have appreciated me crossing the median and saying " hey, nice reflectors ya got there :giggle: ". They were definately clear, I've seen them for BMW's but never the VW. Do they just pry off or do you pop them from behind the valence. They seem too flush/recessed to pry off. Oh, and thanks as always for responding Spockcat :wave:

· Premium Member
4,837 Posts
You pry them out with a very fine blade. They are held in with tabs on the plastic. I've investigated making these. In fact someone did the design work for me but lost his job and thus his files on his work computer. One issue in making these is that Touaregs with parking assist have the sensors in the middle of them. So you need 4 different molds or 2 molds with removable plugs. Costs thousands of $ to make even prototype molds.

· Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I do not have parking assist so I am cosidering removing them and painting them in a black that matches, as close as possible, to the lower valence. I know they sell valences with them deleted but they are too expensive for such a small modification. I have body colored ones on my BMW and they look great. Maybe you could hook up with a painter, get some OEM reflecters and produce a nice, professionally finished alternative to spending $200 to remove two little damn orange blemishes on an otherwise nice looking front end. These subtle changes, like the lights, make a difference in the visual impact the truck has and gives the owners the ability to personalize them as they see fit. I think you, with your resources and respect on this forum, could easily sell the "blacked out" reflectors here by the dozens. Just food for thought, but remember to hook me up if it takes off for you! \:D/

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.