Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have noted many questions regarding whether it is necessairy to have air-suspension or not, when not going off-road all that much. -Or at all.

For the time beeing I am investigating whether to buy the Touareg, the Cayenne or BMW X5. I have one clear demand, and that is that the car shall have air-suspension. That gives a totally different experience when driving. Better comfort, better eveything.
(I am an old Citroen-driver, and the suspension in Citroen is totally superior. Air-suspension is very similar)

Talking to dealers, it appears to me they dont understand what this is. They are mumbing about convenience when loading the trunk of the car, raising the car when crossing rivers or snow etc. They have no concept that the airsuspension handles bumps and rough roads much better than conventional suspension.
You see the bumps, and that's all you do, so to speak.

So both VW, Porsche and BMW better educate their salespeople a little bit, so they know what the air-suspension is all about.

It gives a smoother, better & more comfortable ride also on regular roads.

GO FOR AIR-SUSPENSION!
:dance:

·
Registered
69 Posts
I love to drive. For this very reason I've hated every SUV I've had the misery of driving in. My wife wanted to check out the Touareg, I thought "here we go again..." Spring suspension Treg was okay, a decent SUV but I prolly wouldn't be driving that often it so I guess I could deal... Then we checked out one on the air suspension. Completely different experience. Why more fine cars don't have this (or at least adjustable damping) is beyond me... my next car surely will. Brilliant stuff. My wife gave up leather for the air suspension, and for a girl who loves her luxury, that says a lot.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I must agree. My first experience with air suspensions was with Lincoln Town Cars. They are no race car, but boy are they smooth.
The air is the number one reason I bought my treg. My daily driver had been a hopped up Bronco. I loved the Bronco (haven't been able to bring myself to sell it yet), but back problems and that suspension just didn't go along. The treg is just generations ahead on almost everything compared to the Bronco.
As for the comments on SUVs, this comes from someone who has owned 4 Mustangs (still own two). Never thought I'd enjoy driving an SUV as much as the treg.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.