Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I knew someone here would care 😂
OEM Black trim exists!!! Death to all chrome.

On the website they released partial vin with last 4 digits missing 😡

I hope this inspires more people to search for part numbers from VW or a vin of the Chinese all black T.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I have been thinking about getting my chrome vinyl wrapped. Are you unhappy with yours?
Not 100% happy. If I had to do it again, I may have just had it painted.

Another member posted a black trim kit made for the Cayenne a while back:

It was believed that the measurements are identical to the Touareg, but not confirmed.
I may have posted this? I know that has been in my bucket for a long time. As far as I can tell, the doors trims are all the same. The rear 1/4 window design is completely different.

If China actually has black trim - I would go this option.

·
Registered
2011 VR6 FSI LUX
2,866 Posts
Any members speak mandarin?
You could use Google Translate if your just messaging. If you're on the phone with them.... then good luck, I hear it's one of the harder languages to pronounce correctly.

·
Registered
127 Posts
1. Are you certain that it is an official OEM part?

2. I see this black trim kit stuff all over eBay:

3. VW part number would be the same except for the very last letter added as a suffix. This has been my experience with limited edition or short run parts.

·
Registered
2016 VW Touareg Exec, 2011 335d Msport, 2003 ALH Wagon 6mt
1 Posts
I think those ZZZ are placeholders to avoid showing the full vin for safety reasons I assume. I saw this used in other vehicles on the same site.

After 3 hours i gave up looking... we might have to dig deeper in chinese perhaps?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I spent a couple hundred on the phone with vw dealer in Taiwan and could not get the vin number to the best english speaker they had in the building...

I believe this problem has to be solved by somone employed by VW taking the time to access an international parts index for the part number. My local dealer parts people do not have the desire or ability to do that.. apparently

1 - 18 of 18 Posts