Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Check engine light came on, took it to Auto zone. They told me no code threw at first but then were able to give me this code P2080 - Exhaust Gas Temperature Sensor Circuit Range/Performance Bank 1 Sensor 1. This is a 2012 Touareg TDI, does anyone know if this is covered under the extended warranty?

·
Super Moderator
9,434 Posts
Should be covered under the emissions warranty. Take it in and get it fixed.

·
Registered
154 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
If you're getting that recurring light, I'm wondering how many miles are on it.. and I'm thinking you're probably getting close to a full DPF (Diesel Particulate Filter). The DPF will regen (cook out the soot) but it can't get all of it/run forever.
Mine clogged up around 150k miles, and I was getting this code often. I decided to go for the delete and tune rather than spend thousands replacing the DPF, but then again, I live in a state without emissions and I had no warranty....

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
so the check engine light has now turned off and my appointment for the dealer is monday, should I still take it in to get it check out, what do you think?

·
Super Moderator
9,434 Posts
I would, I have mine scheduled for the same thing. My light won't go out though. I want them to check my DPF as well when I take it in.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts