Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2012 Hybrid Touareg 129K miles has just triggered P0420 fault code. Yes, I think it's the 'Big Ugly' decision of fix or turn the car in. I will first try some catalytic converter cleaner / solvent and may even take out the Sensors to clean them up a bit, but I am fearing if this car is only worth $10K its probably going to cost $3K to fix it.
Any suggestions on experimentation, solvents, products etc?
I will report on status tomorrow

·
Registered
4 Posts
The 3.0 tfsi has a habit of melting catalytic converters. A lot of threads over on audizine about S4, S5 and other Audi models using the engine.. you could try to remove the oxygen sensor and check the cat with a borescope

·
Registered
2015 TDI Exec R-Line
1,387 Posts
Seems a bit dramatic. I would just remove the cats and get a tune.

·
Registered
3,931 Posts
2012 Hybrid Touareg 129K miles has just triggered P0420 fault code. Yes, I think it's the 'Big Ugly' decision of fix or turn the car in. I will first try some catalytic converter cleaner / solvent and may even take out the Sensors to clean them up a bit, but I am fearing if this car is only worth $10K its probably going to cost $3K to fix it.
Any suggestions on experimentation, solvents, products etc?
I will report on status tomorrow
I wouldn't remove the cats, it creates a heck of a smell and modern Audi engines can be a real bitch to tune to get the cats tuned out properly. I'd buy a $300 high flow race convertor and pay $100 to install it. Done.

·
Registered
3,931 Posts

·
Registered
2015 TDI Exec R-Line
1,387 Posts

·
Registered
3,931 Posts
It’s very easy to remove emissions from any Bosch ME system, they’re all stored in the same area. Anyone capable of tuning the 3.0 supercharged should be capable removing hybrid emissions. If bro was close to me I’d do it.
I agree it should be easy, and I'm FAR from a know it all with the hybrid, but I've not once come across somebody willing or able to tune them.

What interface and software would you personally use to do this for him?

·
Registered
2015 TDI Exec R-Line
1,387 Posts
What interface and software would you personally use to do this for him?
Nefmoto and tunerpro. Standard KKL cable. It’s how I do IMMO deletes for people. You more or less turn sections of code off.

·
Registered
3,931 Posts
Nefmoto and tunerpro. Standard KKL cable. It’s how I do IMMO deletes for people. You more or less turn sections of code off.
Good deal man. You're a hell of an asset around here.

Reactions: chewblekka

·
Registered
3,931 Posts
I just have an addiction to modifying things. I even modded my lawn tractor for more power and traction :ROFLMAO:
Same. Lawn tractors, weed whackers, snow blowers etc. Started off doing it as a kid because I was forced to do the lawn, weed whacking, snow blowing etc and my mindset was "more power means I get the job done faster" 😂😂

·
Registered
3,931 Posts
Catco high flow cat and be done.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts