Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm off to the Alps soon in my R50 so I thought I'd try changing headlights for the continent. I've got the headlights out (xenon with cornering) but there is no lever to change the dipped beam as per the handbook There's nothing in the MFD so has anyone got any clues before I resort to beam deflectors??

·
Registered
734 Posts
Hmm. On my old allroad ecodes, there was a small lever on the projector itself that swapped the beam pattern. Take another look. :)

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
Post on the UK site:

www.mytreg.com

I may be wrong but I have a feeling others have bought Perspex covers and put the beam benders on those.

What wheels/tyres are on your car?

Over 18 inches and I think you can't fit chains and it's tight on the 17s [not that they fit your car] and 18s anyway.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks lml999 I've looked and looked , twice had the headlights out just to 'make sure' but honest there's no lever

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm on 21 inch omanyt and have bought chains which I've trial fitted, there doesn't seem to be a problem. Surely I don't have to resort to plastic beam benders I used to use them 20 years ago on my Mk2 JAg

·
Registered
734 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
headlight change

Thanks guys, I've emailed VW but no response so far maybe I should't be surprised. I've resorted to beam deflectors so all my practise getting the headlights in and out is now wasted never mind next time a side light blows I change it in seconds!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts