Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, can enybody help me with all the differncies which I must do in order to comply with EU (Czech) norms, especialy in lighting (electrical).
I brought to my 2008, V6 , FSI Touareg from Denver to the Czech Rep. and like to registered here in order to get a licence plates. But first it must go (and passed) trough State Technical Control + Emission Control.
Does enybody know what all to change?
Thanks, Alex

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
I do not claim knowing this for sure… But I believe that the US emissions control is tighter than in the Czech Republic. See, it is just like with beer, say, with Pilsner beer. We have fewer emissions allowed and drink much lighter beer. You should be OK to go checking exhaust quality as is. :D

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I do agree

Hello and Thank You,
Yes polution is no problem and the car has only 42 k miles , but they are differencies in parking lights(they must be on alltime) rear fog lights and maybe more like electrical diference.
I believe , that it can be done by VAG COM or how is this programming tool named.
I can find anybody to know, what to do here in Czech with it. And myself I am not mechanical or electro type of man.
So I am looking for somebody in the Czech Republik, who will prepare and fix the changes for me as of course I pay for his job - then I must transported the car to Prague-DEKRA (100 km from my place = 60 miles) on trailer, because can be driven.

·
Banned
2,818 Posts
As far as I know you need the fog lights set up.
You will need a euroswitch for the lights (with the rear fog set up) and do the wiring.
There is write ups on this forum on how to do that.
Maybe the side light marker have to be deactivated but I am not sure. Other than that I think you are good to go. If you plan on pulling you will need some easy vag com reprogramming and another receptacle

A VW dealership can do all this

1 - 4 of 4 Posts