Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have a 2013 Touareg TDI, over 200k miles and its never once had chain tensioner rattle upon startup. But my parents 14 T3 TDI has started having the rattle on startup. Plus I know someone else that just had their timing chains/tensioners replaced on their T3 TDI under warranty and it rattles on cold startups all the time after the warranty work.

What's been the experience of others with the timing chain rattle on startup? Live with it? Try to replace it? Never experienced it?

Thanks

·
Registered
Touareg Cr 3.0 V6 TDi R Line Tech Auto
2 Posts
So I have a 2013 Touareg TDI, over 200k miles and its never once had chain tensioner rattle upon startup. But my parents 14 T3 TDI has started having the rattle on startup. Plus I know someone else that just had their timing chains/tensioners replaced on their T3 TDI under warranty and it rattles on cold startups all the time after the warranty work.

What's been the experience of others with the timing chain rattle on startup? Live with it? Try to replace it? Never experienced it?

Thanks
I have a New Model 2019 Touareg R Line 286PS and i have a noise from the Camshaft/Chain on start up for a few seconds . There is a VW TPI for the fault and My local VW Dealer is fitting a new oil pump under warranty as the noise is due to the existing pump failing in the start up pressure required

·
Registered
2015 Touareg v6 TDI R-Line
181 Posts
I have a New Model 2019 Touareg R Line 286PS and i have a noise from the Camshaft/Chain on start up for a few seconds . There is a VW TPI for the fault and My local VW Dealer is fitting a new oil pump under warranty as the noise is due to the existing pump failing in the start up pressure required
yes please let us know how that turned out. I also have a rattle upon start-up on my 2015 3.0 TDI Touareg.

·
Registered
387 Posts
So has anyone lost a engine because of a loose timing chain? Mine does it about the same now at 143k as it did it at 50k. Just curious if it eventually causes a issue?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

1 - 8 of 8 Posts