Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,
So 11 hrs into my 14 hr drive to Mississippi my CEL comes up after a refuelling stop. Cars vitals are all reading fine? I carry on another 4 hrs monitoring and she drives no different, all good. Now I have to decide if I take the 14 hr trip back with it on (risk it) or get it checked out (and fixed, who knows what it could be!) in limited time before return journey.
I have an 06 V8 152000 miles. Just had (week ago) camshaft gasket replaced and full oil change etc, so I'm thinking its all good there?
Taking into the only place open with a limited VAG-COM tool, at auto zone so u can at least get a read. VW mechanic doesn't open til Tuesday though! I have to leave Monday! Aaaaahhhhh!
My initial feeling is that it's running great and maybe a sensor or something minor..I was going to risk it...I just don't know.

Suggestions appreciated from more experienced?
Cheers

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
I had that happen after I left my filler cap behind on the fuel station forecourt - the retainer tag on the cap had snapped off and I wasn't minded to pay about $60 for a new cap with tag!

I was able to retrieve the cap a couple of days later.

My little man cleared the code - I think it was something like EVAP . . . - and all was well again.

See if you can get the code read [record it and post it on here] and then clear it to drive home.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I figured it may be something simple like that. Took it to an oreillys and had them read it with a Bosch - came up as oxygen sensors - both banks. Not too bad. So I grabbed some sea foam and threw that in with a fresh tank. I'll get them switched out back home. Thanks nooby!

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
Have a safe and - hopefully - uneventful journey back home.

·
Registered
20,430 Posts

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
Hope you had an uneventful trip home!

This is why I like carrying an OBDII reader on trips. With my VWs, now, I carry my VCDS. With the wireless version, you can pull up codes on your smartphone, so no need to have a laptop with you all the time.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts