Club Touareg Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright guys, Just re-did the entertainment system in the Touareg. This should be on heck of a deal for the right person.
For the poeple who are new to this; I offer the following information and encourage anyone with more information to chime in.
- This CD Navigation is not as good as the DVD based Navigation found in newer models. Both are factory VW units, but the cd unit is just older technology. The main issue is the fact that in order to use the navigation, you have to install the proper cd with the proper maps for the duration of the trip. Which I believe you don't have to do with the DVD unit. Like I said, not a bad unit in any way, just an older technology which causes this minor inconvenience.

- So if you want to upgrade to Navigation, please read on.
-My unit works flawlessly. Never had a single issue with it.
-Sounds great.
-No wear and tear marks on the head unit including no dead pixels in the LCD.
-6 disc changer control.
-Includes all 10 discs for you to chose which maps you need (which come in a leather case).
-Includes Factory Ipod connection for you to listen to all your music. (requires the loss of the 6 disc changer connection as that is how it sends audio through the radio.
-Includes Radio Anti-theft Code Card.
-This unit can work as a simple plug and play to your vehicle with a base radio OR I am also including the Dynaudio 12ch DSP/Amplifier (Without Wiring Harness) which you can use to even further enhance your listening experience. Your choice...
-And of course, it includes the user's manual.

I am an honest guy who lives in Southern California Inland Empire area. I am open to local pick-up or I can ship it anywhere in the great US of A. I am open to offers and am looking to get $375. Can I post my cell number in here? If so, it is 760-221-2638 call or text, my name is Joshua
[email protected]

Ok just a quick rundown of what you are purchasing;
-CD Nav unit
-Dynaudio DSP-Amplifier
-VW OEM Ipod Adapter
-All 10 Navigation maps in leather case
-Users Manual
All has worked flawlessly for me.

Attachments

·
Dark Lord of the Sith
1,278 Posts
Don't suppose you know if you can also maintain factory Sirius satellite? I'm very interested, and local to you.

You have a T2...and unless I am sorely mistaken, this older Nav will not be plug and play to your Treg...they used different connectors in the 07 and later models.....

I could be wrong, but from what I have read on here they are not easily compatible.

Hopefully someone more knowledgeable can chime in......

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I believe it does have a sat plug in the back of the unit. And I believe it also has the "sat" button on the front of the radio. I will check when I get home. Thanks

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Gunnit, he is correct in the post above me. Which I should have mentioned. The newer tregs use an updated data bus system. Which can be used to work with this unit along with a special adaptor. But I do not know anymore info on that adaptor or the work required to use it. Thank you locolobo. I will do some research when I get home.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Yeah, we're CanBus 2.0, and you were 1.6...should have thought about that. Just don't want to pony up for the RNS-510, and not sure I want to go the route of a Japanese knock-off.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I can not find the thread talking about the can bus adapter to make it plug and play from the old 1.6 to the new 2.0 version. SO

I recommend this unit to only be used with Touaregs operating the 1.6 CanBus and not the 2.0 version.

Also, YES it does have Sat controls as I have included a picture in this post that shows the back of the radio which has both sat antenna connections. Thanks!

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
About this Discussion
9 Replies
5 Participants
top20cc7
Club Touareg Forum
We’re the online community for Volkswagen Touareg owners to share knowledge about their VW Touareg Sport Utility Vehicles and more!
Full Forum Listing