Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my treg is not equipped w/ a cd changer and i am looking for one. is there a good place to purchase one, are they easy to install? i have seen them on ebay but am nervous about getting one from a private owner. i have heard of the phatbox system and i think that is a little too much for me...any info would be appreciated...

· Registered
866 Posts
If your shy of using eBay, you can always get one from VW. New ones are a bit pricey. If you happen to have a good contact at your dealer, you might be able to get one from a returned lease vehicle - the unit in the TReg is the same as the one used in Passats, Jettas, etc.

· Registered
715 Posts
I did some digging regarding the Neo Changer:

user1 said:
I tried their MP3/CD changer using the Neo CDC adapter. It was randomly shutting off, switching back to radio. I even visited them for a day and they tried all kinds of software modification on the Neo CDC adapter to get it to work. Then they claim to get hold of another Touareg and said they made it work. They then sent me a new Neo CDC adapter and it was the same; randomly shutting off.
I returned the unit to them on 12/1 and haven't seen a credit yet on my VISA card. If I were you, I would stay away from them unless you were local and could have them prove to you it works BEFORE payment.
user2 said:
If you saw their "workshop" you wouldn't even consider it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.