Club Touareg Forum banner

161 - 180 of 180 Posts

·
Registered
2,774 Posts
You'll never get back... the changes are so massive that you won't be able to stop driving now ¿

·
Registered
2,774 Posts
I don't have anything in terms of personal experience to give you, but lots of users have gotten retro-flashed. There's a massive tread that you can read and ask people for logs\evidence\opinions, etc. I've also never drive a pre-fix unit, so I really don't know what I'm missing, and I'm keeping it that way simply because I want my emissions warranty to stay intact.... the same reason why my 2L TDI is still unmolested at 272k.... once the warranty runs out, tunes will be seriously considered.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Recently I change the last two values from
xxxx68
To
xxxx6A

This seems have disabled the dynamic shift program (dsp), the fuzz logic that messes gear shifts after awhile.

I don’t have a lot of mileage yet under this setting to confirm. If anyone who’s interested and doesn’t mind testing, please have a go and see if it work for you.
So I had a look at my settings, specifically at the Experimental Long Coding and everything in the list that has an A at the end seems to be for Cayenne - Pazifik (Pacific I imagine). I was running 003568 from factory and I've changed to 00356A. From my few short drives it does seem to ignore my driving style and shift only at preset points now.

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
So I had a look at my settings, specifically at the Experimental Long Coding and everything in the list that has an A at the end seems to be for Cayenne - Pazifik (Pacific I imagine). I was running 003568 from factory and I've changed to 00356A. From my few short drives it does seem to ignore my driving style and shift only at preset points now.
Here's the thing - did the car automatically do a reset (which it often does) and that altered the shifting, or is this just how its going to shift now? Do you like it shifting at the presets?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Try one of these:010500011E00840000000000000000000000000 Cayenne,
or Touareg 010500011C00840000000000000000000000000

Edit the 1 or 5 in the 4th spot is for gear display, and maybe something else so give this a try...
Hello,
I own a euro market 2016 touareg (7P6, facelifted T3).
The drop down menu is not present considering the control module has been updated with the facelift. VAG number : 0C8 927 755 C
stock code is : 010100011C00840000000000000000000000000

can I use the value you shared ?

thanks !

·
Registered
54 Posts
when clicking the long coder button, it should mention that there is 2 interfaces possible. Click NO, then YES and you should see a rolldown button with only 3 options.

If you click Yes & Yes, it doesn't work.

·
Registered
7 Posts
when clicking the long coder button, it should mention that there is 2 interfaces possible. Click NO, then YES and you should see a rolldown button with only 3 options.

If you click Yes & Yes, it doesn't work.
Unfortunately not, when I click long coding button, I directly going to this :

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
It might be a closed off module in your country?

·
Registered
2012 Touareg Exec, White
18 Posts
Trying to do this in OBDEleven (I know, not 100% as far as VCDS, but it is what I have right now). This is all I see for long coding options, does any of this make sense?

·
Registered
2012 Touareg Exec, White
18 Posts
Maybe I just didn't go far enough into the menu, I never selected one to see what it would do (assumed it was all it offered). I'll try selecting the default and see if it brings up any further long coding options.

·
Registered
2012 Touareg Exec, White
18 Posts
I played with it a bit more and was able to find the long coding tool for OBDEleven (1/0 logo at the top) and turn on the gear shift indicator, which automatically moved me from 001368 (Touareg NAR) to 001168 (Touareg Eu). Using the list that @zambony provided that gives codes along with the region, I'll try the B168 "Cayenne - Bais: Hybrid: Pirol RdW kein Start - Stop" next. Thanks for sharing that, I couldn't connect the region to the code without it (other than trying them all).
Pics for reference to help other OBDEleven users:

·
Registered
2012 Touareg Exec, White
18 Posts
Alright, I figured it out. It may be obvious to others, but I'm new to OBDEleven and it isn't very intuitive where you need to click. Not the check box, but the actual Model name to get a drop down of the different options. It accepted it. I haven't done a trans reset yet, but after a short drive I can notice some subtle differences. It seems to rev higher before shifting, not sure if that is actually preferred with the TDIs power band? I'll drive with it for a while and see what I think.

I know this isn't new to most people in this thread, just adding info for any future people interested in doing this with OBDEleven like me.

-Drew

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
I'm pretty positive that when you choose different pull-down menu transmission coding options it will automatically perform a reset and that's why it's shifting a little higher for you. Give it a week or two to settle in and you'll start to see the differences more clearly.

Reactions: Strattoa

·
Registered
54 Posts
I got fooled by the gear display. The parameter is "suppressed", so it need to be deactivate so you can see the gear. double negation.

161 - 180 of 180 Posts