·
Registered
278 Posts
Red Arrow
IMG_20200226_203529.jpg

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
The high RPM hanging thing is for reducing emissions when cold. It's never going away until the car warms up.

·
Registered
21 Posts
My original code on 15 touareg tdi is 010200000C008400000000000000000000000000 when I make the changes to 010500011E00840000000000000000000000000 I receive an error when I start the car, any suggestions please?

·
Registered
152 Posts
I did the other days this mod and also a transmission reset and i thought i hear some strange noises and the car acts a little strange, so i change it back. I think car acting a little strange (downshifting, engine brake) was because of reseting the trans. Now, i drove it a little and the shiftimg points are somewhere where they were before, so maybe i will give Cayenne mod another chance...without reseting it again.

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Zero affect.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I hv seen a meager 1-2 mpg improvement.

On another front, I am told (Cayenne buddy) that there is a current Cayenne TCU update out now.
Anyone have input on this revision?

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Probably the same update as the touareg revision for 2014 and up

·
Registered
335 Posts
Recently I change the last two values from
xxxx68
To
xxxx6A

This seems have disabled the dynamic shift program (dsp), the fuzz logic that messes gear shifts after awhile.

I don’t have a lot of mileage yet under this setting to confirm. If anyone who’s interested and doesn’t mind testing, please have a go and see if it work for you.

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
What makes you think that those values have stopped the dsp?

what is the full code that you used, is it the Cayenne shifting with the gear shift display enabled? I'm wondering if my question doesn't actually matter because a lot of the codes end in a 6-8, so I wonder if simply changing that 8 to an a will disable the DSP and any programming.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I have big big doubts about the real effect of changing the transmission setting to a Cayenne actually make any changes at all.

And I don't see the option in VCDS...

·
Registered
2,774 Posts
It's there.... many of us have done it and are using it..... opinions will vary.

·
Registered
16 TDI Lux
185 Posts
It's there.... many of us have done it and are using it..... opinions will vary.
What year range? I have not found it on my 16 TDI Lux. Not saying it is not there, saying I didn't see an option and it may be long coding only.

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
I have big big doubts about the real effect of changing the transmission setting to a Cayenne actually make any changes at all.

And I don't see the option in VCDS...
The cayenne shift strategy has been a basic vag mod for like 12 years now and many of us have done it, but I'm sure you're right, it doesn't make any changes.

·
Registered
2,774 Posts
What year range? I have not found it on my 16 TDI Lux. Not saying it is not there, saying I didn't see an option and it may be long coding only.
I can't give you a range as I'm not aware of one. I replied to a user who's got the same year as me, so I'm 100% confident that it exists in his year.

You are a newer model with a different TCU, so it's very possible that you do not have that option.

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
It was sarcasm. It makes a difference.

·
Registered
2,774 Posts
So does punctuation ¿ ;)

Edit: Epic Fail... I couldn't get an alt code to do it.....

·
Registered
54 Posts
I just done it, will report back after test drive. Still have to do gear display.

edit: failed at reading. I unchecked the gear display option and now I see it. Pretty much done with my VCDS mods! yay

141 - 160 of 180 Posts