Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone,

I have a 2011 Touareg TDI and have found a full set of older Cayenne 17" 10 spoke rims for $100.

The tire options for these rims will fit my off road and snow needs much better than my stock 19's and at a lower price.

I was wondering if there will be any fitment issues as I saw someone with a Q7 TDI who had the same rims and they had to grind the calipers to get them not to rub.

All feedback is appreciated.

Thank you

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have them on my 2011 treg. With Falken wildpeaks. 265 65 17. It's cosy around the front brake caliper, but nothing touches.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have them on my 2011 treg. With Falken wildpeaks. 265 65 17. It's cosy around the front brake caliper, but nothing touches.
Thank you! Is yours a TDI as well? I thought I heard something about them having bigger brakes.

·
Registered
8 Posts
In Oz we have 150kw and a 180kw, 3.0TDI. I have the 180kw version, I'm not sure about bigger front brakes, but regardless, the rims fit, no drama at all.

·
Registered
277 Posts
I'm the Q7 with em, they should fit a Treg unless you upgraded it to Brembo 18Z.. I believe you got 17Z calipers, which they should fit.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm the Q7 with em, they should fit a Treg unless you upgraded it to Brembo 18Z.. I believe you got 17Z calipers, which they should fit.
I haven't upgraded the breaks and they look factory to me so that's great news!

Thank you Sir!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Per the t3 tire thread, you'll want to be sure the tire store uses low profile weights when they balance them, otherwise you're gtg.

May I ask where you found such a good deal? I'm looking for the same wheels.

Thanks!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Per the t3 tire thread, you'll want to be sure the tire store uses low profile weights when they balance them, otherwise you're gtg.

May I ask where you found such a good deal? I'm looking for the same wheels.

Thanks!
My local Craigslist, I have since bought the rims and I'm in the process of getting tires for them but everything was legitimate with the deal!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank you all for the advice they look great and come with a ton of benefits for where I live I couldn't be happier with this decision!

·
Registered
488 Posts
What tire size did you go with? They look good!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I got the same wheels (2006 Cayenne, 17" Victor Zehn) and did a test fit over the weekend. Its very snug around the front caliper, about 3/8 to 1/2" clearance on the rears and was thinking it might be too tight. Good to know that they can be fitted without issues.

Did you use spacers on your setup? I am in the process of painting mine Black.
Wheels.jpg

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
No spacers were needed. I had a shop mount them and they didn't report any issues.

I've had them on for 2 weeks now and couldn't be happier!

Here's a quick review of what its been like in the past 2 weeks

Tire and size: 255/65/17 Goodyear Wrangler all terrain adventure with kevlar
I went with this size as it was the best size to price ratio and I wanted a pretty meaty tire as I do a lot of off road and it snows a decent amount where I live.
The aggressive tread does have a bit more road noise but nothing irritable.

I noticed there was a considerable weight difference with the OEM 19's being considerably heavier (about 5lbs per wheel) to carry than the 17's both with tires
I feel breaking and acceleration have been improved slightly as there's less weight to turn and stop, I also feel the weight difference would also improve MPG but I haven't done any calculations to prove it.

I do notice in hard cornering its a bit softer but not to the point where you'll need to change driving habits unless you drive like you're going for a record lap time.

The ride itself has improved in comfort especially on a rough road and going over bumps.

With that size I did gain about a 1/2" in ride height so the speedo is about 2 mph off at 75 mph indicated (75ind = 77act) but there's no rubbing with the larger size so I see it as a plus.

The price difference for tires was huge I was looking to replace the 19s and was quoted about $1100 for "decent" tires the goodyears were marked as "best" and were $680 with installation.

I wasn't sure of how this would turn out when I was making the switch but I am blown away with how it looks and preforms.

Please let me know if I missed anything or you have any other questions.

Thank you,

1 - 14 of 14 Posts