Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had these installed on my 2012 for the past year or so. Much better and sportier look than the stock tips in my opinion. Simple bolt on installation. Asking $350. The dealer price for similar tips is about $1,200.

Attachments

·
Registered
112 Posts
They look great, I like the stock ones too though. Not sure if these are better or just different.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
213 Posts
Wow! Looks super nice! What exactly was the process on installing? Just a suggestion (I did this on my wife's T3), de-badge it. Remove "Touareg" and "V6" signs. I'll try to snap a pic tmrw so you can see. De-badged plus the Porsche pipes, SUPER clean!!

·
Registered
13 Posts
I'd be interested to see the car de-badged! Please post!

The process was fairly straight forward:

All you need is a deep 15mm socket and two flat head screwdrivers.

After removing the nut, you'll find a washer, two proprietary spacers and a long bolt that has threads at the bottom and a spline near the head. Once the nut is removed you can just rotate the tip up and down while pulling to towards the outside of the car.

I called and visited my local VW dealer to see if I could simply purchase the hardware; unfortunately you cannot. P/N 7P6253681R is the tip and hardware all in one. That said, I needed to reuse the existing hardware. In order to remove the second proprietary spacer found near the top of the bolt with the spline, I did the following:

Using two flathead screwdrivers I wedged them into the small space near the head of the bolt and simultaneously pulled down. Evenly applying pressure allowed me to slide the spacer off the spline.

Once the spacer was removed from the spline, I reinstalled the hardware on the new tip and tightened it back up.

Thanks for the support and interest. Hopefully this was informative and helpful to someone in the future.

·
Registered
213 Posts

After removing the nut, you'll find a washer, two proprietary spacers and a long bolt that has threads at the bottom and a spline near the head. Once the nut is removed you can just rotate the tip up and down while pulling to towards the outside of the car.

I called and visited my local VW dealer to see if I could simply purchase the hardware; unfortunately you cannot. P/N 7P6253681R is the tip and hardware all in one. That said, I needed to reuse the existing hardware. In order to remove the second proprietary spacer found near the top of the bolt with the spline, I did the following:

Using two flathead screwdrivers I wedged them into the small space near the head of the bolt and simultaneously pulled down. Evenly applying pressure allowed me to slide the spacer off the spline.

Once the spacer was removed from the spline, I reinstalled the hardware on the new tip and tightened it back up.

Thanks for the support and interest. Hopefully this was informative and helpful to someone in the future.

Doesn't sound THAT straight-forward! LOL. Thanks for the detailed write-up though. Now I have a reference if needed. Props Bro! Looks SWEET!
I'll snap a pic of the wife's ride tomorrow since it'll be dark by the time she's home tonight. Wont do it any justice. By the way the silver treg looks nice! Don't see too many in that color..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Happy all turned out well and you're happy with the results. Look really nice with the silver t-reg.

Sorry, I should have told you up front that I just reused the same bolts/washers from the stock tips. Glad you figured that out pretty quickly anyway.

·
Registered
213 Posts

Check it!

IMG_0178.jpg IMG_0177.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 16 of 16 Posts