Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello
I am planning to develop a CAR PC for Touareg. The CAR PC will integrate with the existinf RNS2 navigation system. Whe RNS2 will still function as a radio and a cd player and a navi system but when you select TV IN the pc interface will come up. It will be controlled by the RNS2 controls (the right knob and the buttons around the display) The carputer will be an out of the box product with a do it yourself installation and a price around 1000$. It will be able to play MP3 files and videos (all known formats incl YOUTUBE videos), bluetooth phone capability and a number of options like GPS Navigation with the latest maps, Digital (DVB) tv tuner, internet browsing and e-mail, Car disgnostics with a VAG-COM like interface (the options will be sold separately). It is an option for touch screen but it will be harder to install.

Are you interested in such product? I have experience with CARPUTERs. I am doing a research. I still haven't decided if it is worth it to start such project.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Certainly interested if it can act as a replacement to my poor RCD550 system.

·
Registered
242 Posts
I would be interested. I looked into this a couple months back but I am not computer person.

As stated android units are comming out and there are cheaper options out there already that would do almost everything you state. But I hate my android phone so I'd be all for a carputer.

For me though you would HAVE to find a way to integrate my VAGcom from ross-tech into it (USB port). That way I can run everything I need from there. That and it will need to have a video out port so I could run vidoes in the back for the kido.

I'd be all over it tough especially if I could get rid of my screen and controls. All of my buttons are completely worn off.

So far the only app radio out there is for Iphones only and has been a complete flop from everythind I read. But I too am sure that within the next year or two much better units will be comming out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts