Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Touareg got hit with some sprinklers while visiting family our of state. They would not wash off, nor come off with a clay bar. I tried some Optimum Hyperpolish by hand, which worked mostly, but I did not want to polish the entire hood (worst part). I've been really into the Carpro line so I ordered their water spot remover, Spotless. The spots had baked on for about 10 days, many in 90+degree heat and direct sun on the black paint. Spotless removed them no problem, 100%. Thankfully they had not etched into the paint. Very pleased with the performance of another Carpro product. Side note, the car has Carpros silica based sealant Hydro2 AND Reload on the hood, applied a couple months ago. Perhaps this prevented the water spots from really being able to take set, I can't say for sure. What I can say is Spotless worked much better than clay and much easier than polish.

· Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, avoid glass with this and also acid based wheel cleaners (which also work well on water spots) or rinse ASAP. Prob better to just compound the glass with the DA and avoid potential etching.

· Registered
9 Posts
I had some really bad water spots on every window that wouldn't come out. I tried some using vinegar and even a buffer using Meguiar's M105 Ultra-Cut Compound only removed about 50% of the spot buildup. Finally figured out what would work though... Glass Cooktop cleaner for your flat top stove works amazing. I didn't have the fancy scrubbing pads under the sink, so I applied it using the rough side of a kitchen sponge.

· Registered
5,666 Posts
Honestly for water spots, unless you're proficient at dealing (in which case you wouldn't be here asking) just take it to a professional.
When we got our TLX tinted there were water spots on the entire upper 50% of the body. The tint shop ( a very well known one..) said it was from their water sprays used in the tinting process. I figured eh what the hell, I'll just wash them off in a week when I get a chance. The week turned into two weeks. By time I went to remove them, a microfiber didn't work, rubbing compound didnt work, even vinegar didnt work. I had to take it to a pro who then did a multi-stage detail (and a ton of hard work..) and was able to get them out. I was sickened by the whole thing.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.