Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. I gave two cig lighters in my 2010 Touareg. Both light up around the edges so I would think they are getting some sort of power, but I purchased a car charger plug in and it won’t charge my iPhone X. I’ve tried several usb chargers of friends and the same. Someone told me only a Belkin would work in a Touareg. Anyone know if this is correct? Or could it be a fuse?

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
The make of your charger is irrelevant.
If you've tried a bunch of different chargers, you aren't getting power. If you have a meter and know how to use it, you can test this.
Otherwise, start looking for blown fuses.

Did you have the ignition on when you tried? Most vehicles cut the power off when the ignition is off.

·
Registered
275 Posts
I have a Samsung car charger and it works perfectly. My guess would be it's a fuse issue.

·
Super Moderator
9,357 Posts
Light around the power outlet does not mean it works. You need to check the fuses for them. As said above does not matter what brand charger you use, they all should work. I have a cheap Verizon logo charger and works fine in my '10.

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
I found one make was too short to work but can't remember what it was.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
5 Participants
noobytoogy
Club Touareg Forum
We’re the online community for Volkswagen Touareg owners to share knowledge about their VW Touareg Sport Utility Vehicles and more!
Full Forum Listing