Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a 05 vw touareg runs great but I got an issue. I really don't know what's wrong with it, but I know when I turn my car on it takes long to start or it sounds like it don't want to, it ups like it's about to die. Can someone help me on this one plz I need to know what's going on with my carrrrrrr.

·
Registered
336 Posts
I got a 05 vw touareg runs great but I got an issue. I really don't know what's wrong with it, but I know when I turn my car on it takes long to start or it sounds like it don't want to, it ups like it's about to die. Can someone help me on this one plz I need to know what's going on with my carrrrrrr.
Have you scanned the car with a diagnostic computer such as vcds.

Other than getting it checked, does it start when it's hot, i.e. If you stop and the restart immediate does the problem show up?

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
As above, get it scanned using VCDS.

Sounds like a duff temperature sensor but until you have scanned the car, anything will be total guesswork.

·
Registered
2005 Touareg - 3.2L BMX
578 Posts
My experience with long cranking same car has been duff camshaft sensor(s) or crankshaft sensor however you should get a code and CEL. No code or CEL could be as simple as a fuel filter or the priming fuel pump. Best bet get it scanned. Could also be a coolant sensor if car won't start when hot.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts