Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A search showed Capri triple square bits mentioned a few times, but no opinion about them. I see that Home Depot (and some others) carry a 10-piece Capri Triple Square bit set (M4 - M18, including M10) for about $25. Rather than buy just the M10 bit that I need for the seat mount, I'm tempted to buy a set so that I'll have the right size bit handy if I run into any other sizes of these triple squares while working on my Touareg.

So, any opinions about the quality of the Capri bits for home use (since I'll have to order them rather than physically examine them first)?

·
Registered
158 Posts
I would buy the set of bits. I have a cheap set of bits from M8-M12 that I picked up from some auto parts store and I use them all the time without any issues. In my opinion, you can never have enough tools!

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would buy the set of bits. I have a cheap set of bits from M8-M12 that I picked up from some auto parts store and I use them all the time without any issues. In my opinion, you can never have enough tools!
Thanks. I plan to get a set, but wanted any opinions specifically about the Capri brand/bits.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Thanks. I plan to get a set, but wanted any opinions specifically about the Capri brand/bits.
Mike - I purchased these Capri bits from Amazon and have been pleased with them thus far:

http://amzn.to/25HJ7en

Coincidentally, I had very rusty M10 seat mount bolts on my rig recently (had to resort to a 1/2" breaker bar) and the bit worked great.

Reactions: BeemerMikeTX

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Same here. I purchased a set of Capri triple square bits on Amazon and have been very pleased. Ended up using them on rear brake if they can (and they did) survive that, they can survive anything.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the quick and useful input. I ordered the 10-piece set from Home Depot. Free delivery to my house.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts