Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm working on a 2009 Touareg V-6. When shifting to park, message on dash displays "Move selector lever to position P" and key can't be removed. After cycling ignition, key can then be removed. I've seen posts about this concern but no clear solutions. Any have any information about this?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have this same problem except that starting the engine does not usually fix it. I'm pretty sure it is not a low battery problem because I connected a charger to the jump start terminals and I still see the problem. Battery is over 12V with no charger attached.

Shift lever action is normal. Button works to allow/prevent moving the lever. Lever position indicator is correct for all positions. Recently I thought the weight of my extra keys was causing the problem so I removed unneeded keys. Unfortunately the problem has returned.

I don't see how replacing the shift lever will help. Maybe it is the switch harness inside the console? Could it be something to do with the ignition switch? For a while it did seem like pressing down on the key while turning off the ignition off would cause the problem and not pushing down on the key would result in no problem.

·
Registered
906 Posts
If you turn the engine of with the gear selector anywhere but P you will get the "Move selector lever to position P" message.
Probably whatever mechanism that detects P isn't detecting it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts