Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I am looking to purchase an SUV for hauling a travel trailer. The Treg diesel is a good possibility.
With the buy back, there seems to be many showing up in the local "buy and sell".

I live on Vancouver Island, BC so prices are typically higher than what sells in the Vancouver mainland area but are these prices a tad high?:
$65,970 · 2012 Volkswagen Touareg EXECL 3.0TDI, 99502 km
$40,995 · 2014 Volkswagen Touareg TDI Comfortline w/ Sport Pkg & Panoramic Roof, 56475 km
$37,995 · 2014 Volkswagen Touareg TDI Comfortline w/ Sport Pkg & Panoramic Roof, 107673 km

I am concerned about how much neutering the "fix" made and shouldn't the vehicles be devalued at least by the amount of the buy back?
Thank you

·
Registered
80 Posts
Hey Squeeto

The dealers have not really been discounting them, especially in BC because there is a limited supply.

You might have better luck looking for an Audi Q7 TDI with a towing package since there seems to be more inventory available. Q7 with the tow package is rated at 6600lbs towing. I bought a 2014 Q7 TDI and sent our 2010 Touareg TDI back as part of the buyback.

The 2014 has had the emissions fix done and I have had none of the issues with performance that some people have had and no issues towing.

The Touareg does have a separate TCM though and a member here has been offering a flash that restores the stock shifting behavior. The Q7 can be done but the it must be flashed through the OBD port as the controller us built into the transmission.

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice to see you at this forum too Wolverine.
I received only one response about my trailer dilemma at LOST after my "Change my mind" about getting a new vehicle.
This is a good indicator that I probably need something with more power.

The Touareg was my top choice but my list includes BMW X5, Audi Q7, Jeep GC, Porche Cayenne and Mercedes ML or GL.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I researched the BMW X5. I found out that no X5 in NA comes with any kind of factory tow package. If you want to tow you have to order a special hitch to avoid any cutting of the body work so that pretty much wrote off the Beemer IMHO.

Porsche Cayenne is nice but the diesel option is super rare although I have see a couple of them around.

Mercedes has stopped selling diesels in NA too although there are lots of ML and GL'S for sale

·
Registered
80 Posts
I don't really know enough about the new GC with the VM 3.0l diesel. I know GDE has a tune for it. I heard there were some issues with that motor but they may have been resolved. I would suspect the interior fit and finish is greatly inferior to an Audi/VW/Mercedes/BMW for the price.

The VW 3.0L TDI can be a bit more expensive to maintain, but there are also a lot of them out there and parts and mechanical help should be easy to find. Plus a $500 CDN Ross Tech tool gives a very advanced diagnostic tool for VW group vehicles.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The wife doesn't like the leather on the GC anyway. German leather isn't so plastic.
Thank you

There must not be too much difference with your Q7 from the Treg if you are still so active here.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
We just came back from our last test drive.
My favorite is the F-150 2.7. With employee pricing, a new Ford can be purchased before tax for under $39k. This is a nice vehicle. But, it is big; the wife is not so big.

The Touareg and the Jeep are equal contenders in many ways. The interior of the VW looks more luxurious. My local transmission shop says go for the Jeep. But they also seem to like the older ones that had Mercedes engines.

Wifey is looking at the Q7 now as well.

Thx for all the input ...... still looking.

·
Registered
996 Posts
Hi,
I am looking to purchase an SUV for hauling a travel trailer. The Treg diesel is a good possibility.
With the buy back, there seems to be many showing up in the local "buy and sell".

I live on Vancouver Island, BC so prices are typically higher than what sells in the Vancouver mainland area but are these prices a tad high?:
$65,970 · 2012 Volkswagen Touareg EXECL 3.0TDI, 99502 km
$40,995 · 2014 Volkswagen Touareg TDI Comfortline w/ Sport Pkg & Panoramic Roof, 56475 km
$37,995 · 2014 Volkswagen Touareg TDI Comfortline w/ Sport Pkg & Panoramic Roof, 107673 km

I am concerned about how much neutering the "fix" made and shouldn't the vehicles be devalued at least by the amount of the buy back?
Thank you
Those prices are quite high. A 2014 TDI should run around $27k to 37k depending on kms and options. Look out of province. I bought both of mine in Alberta and drove them home.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
We ferried over to the mainland, and bought a 2014 Highline in Richmond with just below 43k km.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
About this Discussion
12 Replies
4 Participants
Squeeto
Club Touareg Forum
We’re the online community for Volkswagen Touareg owners to share knowledge about their VW Touareg Sport Utility Vehicles and more!
Full Forum Listing