Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
45 Posts
I just put 18" wheels on from a Cayenne Turbo with Dunlop winter tires and had to disable the TPM. I haven't had time to see if it will calibrate to the new tires yet though.

· Registered
45 Posts
azlinbackr said:
I am alos wondering this....although at the moment all i get is TPMS fault....waiting for parts to come in
The service manager tells me some Cayenne drivers have had them work and others have not....not really a concrete answer!

On another note: He is getting me a flashlight at no cost. It helps when the manager is a good friend as well!

· Registered
45 Posts
Yes, as a matter of fact he did. I had a Passatt that I traded in (01 GLX sedan 4Motion and I got high Blue Book for that) and I paid less than invoice (I'm sworn to secrecy, but it was substantial...ok?) for the Sales Managers demonstrator with 900 miles on it. It just happened to have exactly what we wanted.

· Registered
31 Posts
Re: can you change wheels and still use the tire pressure se

Frozenpeaz said:
Can you?? i was wondering if i get aftermarket wheels if it will mess with the tire pressure sensor?
Absolutely, the caveat to that is you need to have the TPMS installed on the new wheels. The TPMS is made by Beru, a german GMBH (corporation to us USA folks), who states that their systems will work on most all wheels. They didn't list the exceptions. You can only purchase the Beru TPMS through the dealer right now.

I bought an extra set of 18" Karthoum wheels and snow tires through the dealer to replace the 19" in the winter. They didn't specify that they wouldn't have the TPMS, so they had to eat the cost. Not sure if I'm getting the better end of the deal yet considering it was 2400 for wheels, blizzaks and TPMS. But I'm happy. :)

Still not happy with the dealer though. :x

Regards,
Rush

Denver, CO

· Registered
59 Posts
Re: can you change wheels and still use the tire pressure se

Frozenpeaz said:
Can you?? i was wondering if i get aftermarket wheels if it will mess with the tire pressure sensor?
I moved the sensors and they work fine. The only issue is whether the valve stem which holds the sensor is compatable with your new rim.

· Registered
715 Posts
Red TReg said:
I think TireRack has a solution for this, it was posted on vwvortex.
If you use TireRack, please consider going to their site through our affiliate link on the Sponsors page. This will support the Club Toaureg site and allow us to make this a better place with more features and prizes.

-Mike

· Registered
45 Posts
Re: TPMS

crb100ktrex said:
if you change the sensors to the new wheels, what is the process to reset them? Mine is showing the no reading of the sensor symbol.
You may have to go through the menu and disable/enable the TPM. It then takes about 3 miles to 'calibrate' as I recall.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.