Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

There was one time my battery died as the car was sat for months. After replacing the battery, my keyless start / entry had stopped working (but the remote can still open and lock the doors and I can still start the car with the key)

I do not think the module will be faulty all of a sudden but may be it had lost sync.

I have friends who runs garages and have vagcom but they have never done a touareg and certainly not knowing where to look for the keyless issue. So can a vagcom do the trick? or has it got to be a dealer visit?

Will a vagcom tell us that the module is 100% faulty and not that it was just lost sync /code?

Thanks

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok, i will try to get that arranged. I personally have not used vagcom before so I do not know exactly what I am looking for, but i will try to get a scan done at some point and post it up.

thanks ;)

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Doesn't sound like your friend is very familiar with VCDS. Aside from having some different modules, the basic structure of most VAG vehicles is similar.

Don't let your tech friend change anything with VCDS until you save and print out your Autoscan.

·
Premium Member
831 Posts
KEYSS problems

Hi all

There was one time my battery died as the car was sat for months. After replacing the battery, my keyless start / entry had stopped working (but the remote can still open and lock the doors and I can still start the car with the key)

I do not think the module will be faulty all of a sudden but may be it had lost sync.

I have friends who runs garages and have vagcom but they have never done a touareg and certainly not knowing where to look for the keyless issue. So can a vagcom do the trick? or has it got to be a dealer visit?

Will a vagcom tell us that the module is 100% faulty and not that it was just lost sync /code?

Thanks
Hi there,
I also have had similar KEYSS problems. This might not be exactly your problem but thought I would add my penneth...
There is a known fault with the module power resistors (6 of) and Mosfet (2 of). This is for the arials in the doors. VAGCOM is definitely the way to go. You could either have a dealer fix it but it will be $$$$ as they would replace the whole module and the new updated version is not backward compatible with the other arials which again is $$$$. You could have an independant garage fix it, but they have to know how to diagnose the problem. If your friends garage has used VAGCOM on other Volkswagens then they will be able to do a proper scan and that should tell them if there is an error on the module and the codes for the arials. If you are able, you could attempt it yourself, but you must have a VAGCOM along with old style diagnoses and you should find the problem.
There are people on this forum that are very knowledgeable and have the experience.

Search for KEYSS problems and that might give you some more info.
www.renntech.org is another site. "mtimmy" has done a fix on it.

Hope this help

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.