Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! I have a 2017 Touareg, V6 TSI, and I am driving on the right side of the road. This is about adjusting the outside mirrors. The adjustment knob controls both outside mirrors if it's turned to L, another word, synchronized. Sadly, it hasn't worked as supposed ever since.

Usually I push the knob down before reversing, and push it upwards when its done. Here's the pain: after returning the driver side mirror to the original position, I often find the passenger side's mirror a bit lower than before, although synchronized.

So I've been thinking if it is possible to disable this synchronization feature? On an old Passat it can be done through the controls on the steering wheel, but not on this 2017 Touareg. Can anyone help? Thanks!

· Registered
2,067 Posts
You don't say where in the world you are, so I don't know if the left side is your driver's side mirror or not.

But... Anyway... Can you adjust the right side mirror independently? If so, adjust the left side first and then adjust the right.

Does the 2017 have the passenger side mirror dip function? My 2008 will lower the passenger side mirror (I can actually adjust this position) when in reverse. No need to touch the mirror knob after it's set up.

What does your owners manual say?

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You don't say where in the world you are, so I don't know if the left side is your driver's side mirror or not.

But... Anyway... Can you adjust the right side mirror independently? If so, adjust the left side first and then adjust the right.

Does the 2017 have the passenger side mirror dip function? My 2008 will lower the passenger side mirror (I can actually adjust this position) when in reverse. No need to touch the mirror knob after it's set up.

What does your owners manual say?
Thanks for the reply. Yes the left side is the driver's side.

At the moment adjusting the left side mirror first then the right appears to be my only solution. Sometimes I only need to lower the left side mirror before reversing. So I really hope both mirrors can be adjusted independently.

Some 2017 models might have the passenger side mirror dip function, but not on mine. In my market it is not standard.

It seems when the knob is turned to L and pressed to any direction, the two motors for adjusting the mirrors can not turn to the same relative degree. I have the VCDS cable, but I haven't found the bit controlling the Sync.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.