Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2014 R-Line TDI has everything I need except heated rear seats.
I pulled the part numbers for the elements, switches & cover.
I can only assume that all cars come with the same wiring harness so it's easy to do this?
Does anyone know please?
Thanks,
Steve.

·
Super Moderator
9,745 Posts
Wiring for the rear heated seats will not be there. Won't be a plug and play situation. You will need to source everything to do it. It will be way costly to do after the fact.

·
Registered
10 Posts
don't bother paying extra $$$ for the oem heated seats.

Buy a pair of rostra 250-1870 (or 250-1871 for VW type roller switch) and install them yourself. Pretty straight forward installation and quite easy.

I'm a sales rep for one of the biggest 12v car accessories in Canada and these sells by thousands each year. We have expeditors installing them for brand new cars and they works wonder!

look down the page for a video on how to install

Car, Truck and SUV Automotive Carbon Fiber Seat Heaters by Rostra

·
Registered
394 Posts
Thanks for asking the question. I installed heated rear seats in my Jetta wagon a few years ago. It took about 8 hours; mostly to pull wires and install relays. It was -31F here yesterday and the first question the kids had when they saw the Touareg in person.

I would be curious as to what part numbers you have come up with so far. I will likely go aftermarket for the everything, once I price out parts.

I installed Check Corporation heaters which included elements for the seat back as well. I couldn't be happier with their performance. The Rosta units look to be first rate as well.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
I installed rear heated seats using aftermarket with the circular rocker style switch, with hi/low. It was not hard just took little time. This is my 4th vehicle doing it in though. I just took the seats out and brought them inside, took the leather off and then redid with hog tie metal clamps. Was like $79 and highly recommend. I did wiring in center console by the 12v cigarette lighter.

·
Registered
‘04 V8~cent lckr~air
12 Posts
So I understand why everyone is saying it would be cost prohibitive to retrofit OEM heated rear seats, but is that the only reason? I understand the wiring won’t be waiting there, but you’d have to wire aftermarket heaters as well. I am a junkyard dogger. I have found an ‘O4 T1 with the cold weather package. I have already grabbed the heated steering wheel. They want $120 for the entire backseat. I’m thinking that’s hard to pass up. Take as much wiring as I can, maybe get lucky and chase it to a connector.

Is there anything I’m not thinking about that would make the aftermarket option better?

·
Super Moderator
9,745 Posts
So I understand why everyone is saying it would be cost prohibitive to retrofit OEM heated rear seats, but is that the only reason? I understand the wiring won’t be waiting there, but you’d have to wire aftermarket heaters as well. I am a junkyard dogger. I have found an ‘O4 T1 with the cold weather package. I have already grabbed the heated steering wheel. They want $120 for the entire backseat. I’m thinking that’s hard to pass up. Take as much wiring as I can, maybe get lucky and chase it to a connector.

Is there anything I’m not thinking about that would make the aftermarket option better?
Did you take the center console also since what has the controls needed to run the heated seats?

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
‘04 V8~cent lckr~air
12 Posts
It has the roller switches in the console, but I ran out of time fussing with the back seats. I'm going back Monday (now that I know how to remove them) and get the controllers and as much of the wiring as I can get to.

·
Registered
Touareg MY2013 - CRCA
143 Posts
Hi guys,

I would like to revive this thread. I am considering DIY rear heating, but dont know where to start. My goal is to achieve OEM look for reasonable price.
I have found rear console box with swithes (for only 2-zone vehicles) 7P6863092. I would like to use these switches with universal heating pads. So I need to buy pads with 3-level switch, cut universal switches and replace them with OEM (if thats even possible).

Does anybody know, if that OEM switches contain relay?

·
Registered
Touareg MY2013 - CRCA
143 Posts
Hi guys, I have found this documentation for rear heating switches:

Rectangle Font Slope Parallel Circle

Can somebody please explain what means "signal" for LED stages? It means 12V?
I would like to use these Aliexpress heating pads with 3 level switches. Is there any chance to replace china buttons with OEM?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.