Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2014 R-Line TDI has everything I need except heated rear seats.
I pulled the part numbers for the elements, switches & cover.
I can only assume that all cars come with the same wiring harness so it's easy to do this?
Does anyone know please?
Thanks,
Steve.

·
Super Moderator
9,493 Posts
Wiring for the rear heated seats will not be there. Won't be a plug and play situation. You will need to source everything to do it. It will be way costly to do after the fact.

·
Registered
10 Posts
don't bother paying extra $$$ for the oem heated seats.

Buy a pair of rostra 250-1870 (or 250-1871 for VW type roller switch) and install them yourself. Pretty straight forward installation and quite easy.

I'm a sales rep for one of the biggest 12v car accessories in Canada and these sells by thousands each year. We have expeditors installing them for brand new cars and they works wonder!

look down the page for a video on how to install

Car, Truck and SUV Automotive Carbon Fiber Seat Heaters by Rostra

·
Registered
291 Posts
Thanks for asking the question. I installed heated rear seats in my Jetta wagon a few years ago. It took about 8 hours; mostly to pull wires and install relays. It was -31F here yesterday and the first question the kids had when they saw the Touareg in person.

I would be curious as to what part numbers you have come up with so far. I will likely go aftermarket for the everything, once I price out parts.

I installed Check Corporation heaters which included elements for the seat back as well. I couldn't be happier with their performance. The Rosta units look to be first rate as well.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
I installed rear heated seats using aftermarket with the circular rocker style switch, with hi/low. It was not hard just took little time. This is my 4th vehicle doing it in though. I just took the seats out and brought them inside, took the leather off and then redid with hog tie metal clamps. Was like $79 and highly recommend. I did wiring in center console by the 12v cigarette lighter.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts