Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Afternoon all!

Just bought a 2010 V6 Taureg and love it. Found this under my armrest and have never seen this kind of connection. I'm assuming its some kind of media input. But cant find it anywhere! can I change this socket with the correct pinout diagram?

Many thanks

Fred

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
That is the interface for your audio system. just Google "MDI cable" or "MDI adapter". You can buy various adapters (eg. for iPhone, for USB, for audio in). As usual VW / Audi dealerships will charge an arm and a leg for it, so try Ebay or Amazon.

·
Registered
996 Posts
Weird placement. On my 2010, the MDI plug is in the glovebox.

That may be aftermarket.

·
Super Moderator
3,813 Posts
VW offered a Nokia Telephone Cradle in the centre arm rest. Your connector is the one for the phone adapter to plug into. Sadly they were telephone specific and unless you have an early Nokia , then it's pretty much as useful a pockets in your undies.

The original design plugs into the socket you have and then sits in the base of the arm rest ( top section). The idea being, that you open the arm rest to access the phone. Not sure but I have an idea that they came with the Bluetooth Factory unit if the cradle was optioned.

You will find that it is connected back to your radio....

Stuart...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi chaps,

So I have just asked the same question on the UK forum... and following some digging I have established a few things...

That connector will take a phone specific adaptor but will also take a generic VHF bluetooth adaptor with the code 3C0051435PA.

What I have yet to establish is whether with the premium BT unit under the drivers seat (that won't recognise an iPhone) with one of these plugged in in the centre console will it now connect to an iPhone???

Has anyone got one of these BT adaptors installed already and know whether it works???

Tim

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
So have replaced the premium unit under the right front seat with a standard bluetooth unit and this allows the iPhone to work... I think plugging one of the above into it would have done the same and maybe led to both iPhone and rSAP functionality simultaneously

·
Registered
36 Posts
Weird placement. On my 2010, the MDI plug is in the glovebox.

That may be aftermarket.
not aftermarket - they moved the MDI connector to the center console. Not sure when it moved here but there is no longer a MDI connector in the glove box.

At least this applies to the Canadian versions 2016 (I have the 2016 Executive trimline)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts