Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, a few questions I need answering please.

I had the front tyres balanced last week but now and again, the balancing seems to disappear and fairly bad vibration through steering wheel, two minutes later after parking up, it disappears and all is nice and smooth again, it only happens now and again but very annoying, road conditions in terms of Tarmac are good, no pot holes etc.

Rear wiper seems to carry on after I turn it off, the arm seems to stick on the way back to the home position and sometimes stops, other times carries on for a while, again, has a mind of its own.

Drivers seat lets itself down when left alone after pumping up, a member suggested I could purchase something to slide in under the seat to stop this but vw know nothing of such a part.

Steering seems very heavy but I am comparing to my kia sorento which was light as a feather. The truck being a heavy thing, doesn't feel uncomfortable to handle, is this typical of such trucks ?

Air con unit lights up but doesn't offer cold air, I'm guessing it just needs re gassing ?

The rear reading lights don't come on when doors are open even with the settings in the right position, they do work when pressed on though.

New to owning this truck and so pleased with it, just a little frustrated with a few niggles so if you guys can offer any help, it would make me a happy bunny in my extremely tidy 3.0 v6 tide.

Thank you in advance

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
"Drivers seat lets itself down when left alone after pumping up, a member suggested I could purchase something to slide in under the seat to stop this but vw know nothing of such a part."

Trust me, there is DEFINITELY a plastic stop for this. It goes directly under the seat height adjuster HANDLE, not under the seat.

·
Super Moderator
3,813 Posts

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
Looking at that I think it is part #44.

There was also a later height adjustment lever which someone found was a direct replacement for the early lever, and the replacement lever fixed the problem but, obviously, was more expensive.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts