Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys,

2009 Touareg TDI

Engine light is on and I have P310E code popping up in VCDS: "Bypass Valve for EGR Cooler 2".

I have read a few other posts but am still confused on the location of the second cooler "Cooler 2".

1. Is it the one on top of the motor? Or driver's side between firewall and rear of motor?
2. Does this require replacing the entire Cooler 2 assembly or the bypass valve?

Best,
stueveone

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hahaha shoot, sorry. Total newb move; a little bleary-eyed this morning! Just edited the first post (2009 TDI).

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Looking at the SSP, I would guess that cooler 2 would be the one by the firewall.... you should be able to activate the flap in VCDS to check\validate this theory

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yo,

So, I decided to take the treg into the dealer because my garage is overrun with another project and I don't have the space for any extensive repairs. Here's what the dealer found and fixed:

"10831921 Cover remove + reinstall
600017 WVW
1 1K0-906-283-A Valve
26372040 EGR Change-Over Valve Remove + Reinstall
600017 WVW"

" Scanned for fault codes and found fault code for EGR switch over valve 2. Performed several inspections and found valve would not hold vacuum therefore replaced valve and road tested."

Engine light is off and drives just as before. I thought I remembered reading something in THIS excellent post about how the EGR vacuum diaphragm failure wouldn't show up on MFD, however, mind did. The weird part is that they didn't charge me and said it was under warranty? I've got 71k on the clock so... not sure what happened there but I didn't ask any questions!

Best,
-s

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
2 Participants
stueveone
Club Touareg Forum
We’re the online community for Volkswagen Touareg owners to share knowledge about their VW Touareg Sport Utility Vehicles and more!
Full Forum Listing