Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI everyone !
I bought a used touareg and it came with only 1 key. I'm trying to get another one.
From the dealer, the key fob is 340 + 60 for the prog.
I found a used key on internet. On the ads, it is writen :"Important Programming Note: This remote is LOCKED, we know of no way to program this remote. Please contact a qualified automotive locksmith prior to purchase! "
I called my dealer and he told me that this key wouldn't work because it wasnt programmed with my car.
My question is: can the program it for my car ?
I have a touareg 2013 execline tdi.
thank you guys

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
HI everyone !
I bought a used touareg and it came with only 1 key. I'm trying to get another one.
From the dealer, the key fob is 340 + 60 for the prog.
I found a used key on internet. On the ads, it is writen :"Important Programming Note: This remote is LOCKED, we know of no way to program this remote. Please contact a qualified automotive locksmith prior to purchase! "
I called my dealer and he told me that this key wouldn't work because it wasnt programmed with my car.
My question is: can he programs it for my car or is there a way to " unlock" the key ?
I have a touareg 2013 execline tdi.
thank you guys

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
Not it can't be reprogrammed to your car.
Get a new key on aliexpress or ebay for about 30-50$ and program it at a locksmith.
Be carful anout the type of chip you have in your current key. Post the part number of the key and we can help you locate a cheaper option.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts