Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI everyone !
I bought a used touareg and it came with only 1 key. I'm trying to get another one.
From the dealer, the key fob is 340 + 60 for the prog.
I found a used key on internet. On the ads, it is writen :"Important Programming Note: This remote is LOCKED, we know of no way to program this remote. Please contact a qualified automotive locksmith prior to purchase! "
I called my dealer and he told me that this key wouldn't work because it wasnt programmed with my car.
My question is: can the program it for my car ?
I have a touareg 2013 execline tdi.
thank you guys

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
HI everyone !
I bought a used touareg and it came with only 1 key. I'm trying to get another one.
From the dealer, the key fob is 340 + 60 for the prog.
I found a used key on internet. On the ads, it is writen :"Important Programming Note: This remote is LOCKED, we know of no way to program this remote. Please contact a qualified automotive locksmith prior to purchase! "
I called my dealer and he told me that this key wouldn't work because it wasnt programmed with my car.
My question is: can he programs it for my car or is there a way to " unlock" the key ?
I have a touareg 2013 execline tdi.
thank you guys

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Not it can't be reprogrammed to your car.
Get a new key on aliexpress or ebay for about 30-50$ and program it at a locksmith.
Be carful anout the type of chip you have in your current key. Post the part number of the key and we can help you locate a cheaper option.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Wikipedia say 315 for north-america and 433 for europe but not sure if it's for cars made in europe or in north-america or european cars vs american cars. Read this and ask the seller for help. I live in France And I bought 433mhz key from aliexpress for my T1.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Alright, So I took of both side of my key and I got the part number 7p6 959 754 AG.
7P6959754L ● 434MHz ● WITHOUT CA
7P6959754P ● 434MHz ● WITH CA
7P6959754AA ● 868MHz ● WITHOUT CA
7P6959754AB ● 868MHz ● WITH CA
7P6959754S ● 868MHz ● WITHOUT CA
7P6959754T ● 868MHz ● WITH CA
7P6959754Q ● 315MHz ● WITH CA
7P6959754N ● 315MHz ● WITHOUT CA
7P6959754R ● 315MHz ● WITH CA
which one is the best ?
thank you all for the help to save me some $$ on a a key -_-

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Your key is 315mhz.

You can check the options (PR codes = Production Codes) sticker in the trunk near the spare wheel to confirm compatibility. You will also find the info on the sticker helpful to buy other spare parts if needed. If you have the Treg original documentation and service history you can find the info on the first page of the service manual if I remember well.
Sticker looks like this :

And you can decode it here for later user:

More info:

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Your key is 315mhz.

You can check the options (PR codes = Production Codes) sticker in the trunk near the spare wheel to confirm compatibility. You will also find the info on the sticker helpful to buy other spare parts if needed. If you have the Treg original documentation and service history you can find the info on the first page of the service manual if I remember well.
Sticker looks like this :

And you can decode it here for later user:

More info:

hey thank you very much !

1 - 13 of 13 Posts