Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
The engine blocks are more than likely the same, but anything that bolts to it is going to be different, so you'll have a lot of transferring and head scratching to do

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I’m aware of transferring the parts and accessories but am Leary of the difference in fuel filter location ( mine is on the fender not in engine valley on top of alternator). Will the auto transmission bolt up ok? Is the block the same for fitment of EGR cooler?

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
Does anyone know if you can use older AYH, BKW,BLE or ALS to replace 2008 BWF.

A BLE engine would be a direct replacement an AYH would not be due to fuel end EGR as you have mentioned.
The exhaust system would different but every thing else would be the same.

regards
Drag

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the info, I’m aware of camshaft difference in some but good to hear I can use a BLE as a BWF is so far hard to find.

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
Yes you are correct the part numbers are different but having put the following on a cam doctor machine - a genuine AYH, an aftermarket AYH, a genuine BLE, a genuine R50 cam, and a colt cam the only difference was the colt cam which changes from the std solid cam lobe profile to a hydraulic lobe profile.
Regards
Drag

·
Registered
25 Posts
So Drag..., I'm looking at a complete camshaft kit with billet cams that are a fit for BLE and CBWA codes. What you are saying is this kit should work for my 2004 BKW? Thanks...

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
Believe it or not they are identical.
Just keep in mind the hyd profile vs the solid profile
Regards
Drag

So Drag..., I'm looking at a complete camshaft kit with billet cams that are a fit for BLE and CBWA codes. What you are saying is this kit should work for my 2004 BKW? Thanks...

·
Registered
25 Posts
Believe it or not they are identical.
Just keep in mind the hyd profile vs the solid profile
Regards
Drag
Ok.., so the hydraulic profile is the beveled shoulder and the solid is the more square shoulder of the lobe? And the spring needs to be removed and the cap pressed back into each lifter when/if they are replaced?

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
Ok.., so the hydraulic profile is the beveled shoulder and the solid is the more square shoulder of the lobe? And the spring needs to be removed and the cap pressed back into each lifter when/if they are replaced?

No long answer but no there is a difference but you will not pick it with your eyes.

regards
Drag

1 - 14 of 14 Posts