Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I am posting here because there is a buzz sound when I go over 50kmph and I think it is coming from the right small speaker (next to the interior door handle) in the right front door.

You can hear it only if you sit in the front passenger's place. I checked the mirror and the door interior for any vibrations or loose plastic without success. Is the same with the stereo system on and off.

The car is a 2008 v6 tdi full option.
Did you heard about something like this ?

Thank you in advance,
Stefan

Attachments

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Speed warning?

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Probably not coming from the speaker itself. Try driving with your mirror folded in and see if the noise goes away.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The speed warning is off and the mirror has no loose parts at least on the outside. But is a good start, thanks.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Make sure all windows are all the way up - ya, I know....
I had a buzzing sound and it turned out that one rear window was perhaps a hair from being fully seated at the top.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Hi, there was a TSB for the mirrors making noise. Do a search here on ClubT.

Try folding your mirrors at speed and see if the sound goes away.

Mick

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
take the speaker out, look and re-fit

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I checked just the front window and will try to fold the mirrors. thanks guys

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Probably not coming from the speaker itself. Try driving with your mirror folded in and see if the noise goes away.
It is from the mirrors. I guess is the wind hitting the window or the side of the car.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So I finally got the hang of it. I taped the hinge of the mirror and the buzz was gone. With the mirrors folded I noticed that piece of black plastic thing which is supposed to be like a rim or something like a seal ...

I added some silicon between it and the mirror and no problem since then.

The buzz over 60km/h was freaking annoying so I hope this will help someone on the future.

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts