Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found a local deal from a Craigslist seller who specializes in used tires. I am looking for opinions from you all as to whether you would buy the following tires...

19" Yokohama IceGuard iG51v snow tires in 255/50/19 size (for my 19" terra wheels).

Year is 2013 and they have been used for under 5k miles and stored in a climate-controlled garage. I have attached some pics. They "look" to be perfect condition.

Thoughts on purchasing these? 2013 is neither new nor old so I am on the fence.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So forget this altogether... I was in an almost manic state of tire shopping late last night and being a good New Englander, I wanted to score the best deal I could. I woke up this morning thinking more clearly and ordered some new tires.

I have posted about 3-4 threads recently here and am settled on the tires I ordered. Thanks for putting up with me.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Probably a good decision. It is very difficult to know how the used tyres were treated, even if relatively new. A sharp hit on a kerb could lead to a blow-out later.

Your life depends on the safety of your tyres. No sense taking shortcuts in this respect.

·
Registered
460 Posts
So forget this altogether... I was in an almost manic state of tire shopping late last night and being a good New Englander, I wanted to score the best deal I could. I woke up this morning thinking more clearly and ordered some new tires.

I have posted about 3-4 threads recently here and am settled on the tires I ordered. Thanks for putting up with me.
Which tires did you wind up purchasing?

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
I have no problems buying or using "used" tires. I actually do have and will be using "used" winters on my '14 this year for the 2nd season...... if they are evenly worn, and you don't have unrealistic expectations of them, they can serve a purpose. On the other hand, if you're one of these guys who expect to get the full wear, quiet ride, long lifetime and excellent traction, you need to do serious research and buy new to suit your exact needs. You can't cheap out and buy the inexpensive options (used or No-Name China stuff) and then whine about the short falls of the product.

With tires, you typically get "what you paid for".

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
4 Participants
TurboABA
Club Touareg Forum
We’re the online community for Volkswagen Touareg owners to share knowledge about their VW Touareg Sport Utility Vehicles and more!
Full Forum Listing