Club Touareg Forum banner

61 - 70 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
Just sayin...... (know what can happen, so that you aren't shocked IF\when it does)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
OK, sweet, I ordered a PG DF99188 Diesel Fuel Filter from Amazon for $18.95USD & successfully installed it just this afternoon after siphoning the housing to clean it out of potential dirt, debris & water collected there prior to placing the new filter in place. I still wait for my washable/reusable K&N Replacement Air Filter for placement as I have used with success in past Touareg. I am prepared to change synthetic oil as soon as required, but may instead pay dealership if they offer fair pricing. Now, I need to soon drain & fill the transmission fluid as is likely indicated. Otherwise, my Touareg is still a blessing for its great price & high quality. I pray it remains such and am prepared to earnestly attend to all its DIY preventative care.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
Wow, I just watched the ATF drain & fill videos, that's not DIY for me. I have no access to lifts, etc. I guess I'll need to pay for that service to be performed & I think it needs it or has never had it done in 172K-miles... :(

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
It can be done on ramps but you do need to be confident in what you're doing as it can have unwanted results if not done correctly. Just make sure you choose a competent shop to do it.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
Good question, I see references to AMSOIL OE Synthetic & Mobil-1 Automatic Transmission fluids... What is the consensus & best dealon that one?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #70
User Namejrboutell,
In regard to (remove the DPF, Ad-Blue, catalytic converter and then tune)

1. Did you get in on the group-buy w/CustomSpooling?
2. Are there concerning risks in doing this?

61 - 70 of 70 Posts