Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Treg community, First time post: Recently bought my first Touareg, 2010 V6 w/ 67K mi, and in anticipation of towing had the dealer (local Nissan franchisee) install a hitch. I got it back after they had U Haul perform the work and noticed the rear bumper and taillight were out of alignment w/ rear side quarter body panels. They took it back to the U-Haul shop, made the tail light flush but I was told the bumper couldn't be made flush d/t the hitch, despite it being OEM. I'd be greatful for any input, Thanks.

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
Have them do it over until it is right.

Also be advised that you will need the VW "towing module" to get all the towing features of the Touareg, such as trailer light out indication and ESC modifications for towing. It is not the same thing as a brake controller.

If they can't do it the right way, tell them to put your old bumper back on (the trailer hitch replaced the OEM bumper force bar underneath your bumper cover) and take it somewhere else. I'd be worried as to how the taillight was mis-aligned, unless it wasn't re-installed properly to begin with. And that makes me wonder what else they screwed up. :- /

1 - 2 of 2 Posts