Registered
5,500 Posts
You gonna stick around?

Reactions: broken yoke

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
change of plans, touareg dream now dashed but overlanding/winter camping dream back on track. I bit the bullet and replaced the treg today. I am picking up a new to me one owner clean carfax 2015 toyota SR5 4runner for $1800 under book and 105k miles tomorrow. it has a hi/lo transfer case and rear locker which was why I bought my 2010 treg. I will miss the touareg and tdi aspect more than you know but I still have the golf tdi to play with that gets over twice the mileage that this 4runner gets...hooray.

Car Wheel Tire Sky Vehicle registration plate

Sky Wheel Car Vehicle Plant

Wheel Tire Sky Automotive tail & brake light Car

·
Registered
5,500 Posts
Great choice!

Reactions: broken yoke

·
Registered
2011 VR6 FSI LUX
2,866 Posts
change of plans, touareg dream now dashed but overlanding/winter camping dream back on track. I bit the bullet and replaced the treg today. I am picking up a new to me one owner clean carfax 2015 toyota SR5 4runner for $1800 under book and 105k miles tomorrow. it has a hi/lo transfer case and rear locker which was why I bought my 2010 treg. I will miss the touareg and tdi aspect more than you know but I still have the golf tdi to play with that gets over twice the mileage that this 4runner gets...hooray.

View attachment 253279

View attachment 253277

View attachment 253278
Nice looking 4Runner. Looks clean.
Another plus is they use port and direct fuel injection on the engines.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
this entire process really sucks (i.e. insurance companies, both of em), especially the manor and time frame in which I lost the treg...compost happens. that said, something small, nice and unexpected happened yesterday. disclaimer, I never use quick lube places for any of the german cars I have own in the past or currently, dah.

yesterday I dropped off the five treg wheels early am to have the tires peeled off. understaffed like everywhere else they didn't get to it till 20 minutes till closing. they were peeling the the last tire off when I rolled in at 5:55pm. the first thing one guy asked were how many miles were on the tires and I replied "miles? more like just over three weeks" and I then relayed the story of the treg to them.

we talked about the treg specs, 4wheeling and [email protected] used car prices while we slowly loaded up the 4runner with the treg wheels and now peeled tires. when the 4runner was all loaded they said "your all good" to which I replied "yep, I just need to pay" and I was again told "nah, your all good" and they didn't charge me anything. they said after hearing that story "we can't charge you, man".

granted I was only looking at about a $70 charge as I just had four tires peeled off the same wheels at the same location just over a month ago. it was the thought that mattered, a small act of kindness from the last place I expected it made my day.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Talk about a perfect kill shot.... she hit right in the unsupported area (no structural support), where there was nothing but plastic parts, glass, and an intercooler to resist the impact. That will not buff out no matter what.
It's crazy how plastic fenders split.
View attachment 253180
yes, better pics just for you sir.

p.s. I kept the twisted and torn intercooler which is now coffee table art.

Wheel Tire Sky Car Vehicle

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tire

Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Car

21 - 29 of 29 Posts