Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
today I was outside working on a city lighting project. just after lunch I hear a very loud smash and my coworker and I immediately got up and started walking 200' towards the street.

I swear I knew the second I heard that noise it was my touareg which was parked just around the corner in a legal spot on the street...sure enough what you see is what I found. long story short an old lady coming out of the bank parking lot on the other side of the street floored it, crossed lanes and drove straight into my treg sending it backwards 15' according to the witness.

if it was anything other vehicle than the this touareg I honestly wouldn't even have bleeping cared but I have put a lot of money and love in a very short span of time into this one and besides that I love that treg more than any other vw/audi/mercedes/saab or bmw I have had in the past...ug.

I am sure I will end as being totaled and I am also sure that is the end of my touareg days already. even if I could find one in the same minty shape I couldn't afford to do it all over again after what I just put into it...not even 6 months of ownership.

Tire Wheel Sky Car Vehicle

Car Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire

Automotive parking light Car Cloud Tire Sky

Wheel Car Tire Land vehicle Sky

Wheel Tire Car Sky Cloud

Tire Wheel Cloud Sky Land vehicle

Cloud Sky Tire Automotive tire Wheel

·
Registered
2011 VR6 FSI LUX
2,159 Posts
Damn that sucks. WTF is with people lately. Seems each month I read a thread about someones Treg getting taken out by some careless driver. Seems like they have it out for Touaregs or something.
I would definitely see what kind of insurance she has and push them to get it fixed back to the way it was.
I hope you do.

·
Registered
'14 TDI Execline
2,126 Posts
Talk about a perfect kill shot.... she hit right in the unsupported area (no structural support), where there was nothing but plastic parts, glass, and an intercooler to resist the impact. That will not buff out no matter what.
It's crazy how plastic fenders split.
Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Automotive tire

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
NOOOOOOO poor Baby!!! Time to get a Cayenne

no touareg or cayenne in the future. once it is totalled out I am going to buy the wifey an audi wagon and take back my stage two golf tdi that she has been driving. the only thing that could replace the touareg for me would be a 3/4 ton diesel pickup (which I originally wanted before the touareg) and I am not paying 40-50k for a used one...touareg life has been fun but apparently I can't have nice things.

·
Registered
2017 VW Touareg Executive VR6
115 Posts
Man it's painful to look at those pictures! I would tend to agree that it will be considered totaled by most insurance co's.
At least you weren't inside when this happened.. Could have been worse..

All the best!

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
no touareg or cayenne in the future. once it is totalled out I am going to buy the wifey an audi wagon and take back my stage two golf tdi that she has been driving. the only thing that could replace the touareg for me would be a 3/4 ton diesel pickup (which I originally wanted before the touareg) and I am not paying 40-50k for a used one...touareg life has been fun but apparently I can't have nice things.
I replaced my Touareg with a 1500. Love it.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Have you considered a check from the perp's insurance company and then doing the repair yourself? I had similar damage to a car that we lent to a neighbor. No intercooler, but I had airbags and rear suspension work that it looks like you wouldn't have. My initial estimate was $10,000 in parts which would have easily totaled the car. Since there was no structural damage aside (just a bolt-on front subframe), I repaired for about $4,500 including lasers and tram gauges to verify unibody integrity and two DeVilbiss spray guns for the paint work. Everything was bolt-on (never discount the cost of a few dozen TTY bolts!).

I used about 70% salvage parts. To be honest, it was satisfying work, and now two years later instead of a check from the insurance company (and increased rates to cover the check they would have cut me) I've had a car that has served us flawlessly and has no visible evidence (or record) of previous damage.

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
Op sorry to hear. How sad. What was the crazy idiot doing that caused that level of damage

Damn that sucks. WTF is with people lately. Seems each month I read a thread about someones Treg getting taken out by some careless driver. Seems like they have it out for Touaregs or something.
I would definitely see what kind of insurance she has and push them to get it fixed back to the way it was.
I hope you do.
Exactly what I noticed. @Viking Lady knows, but earlier this past winter my touareg was sideswiped too 😂

·
Registered
2011 VR6 FSI LUX
2,159 Posts
Op sorry to hear. How sad. What was the crazy idiot doing that caused that level of damage

Exactly what I noticed. @Viking Lady knows, but earlier this past winter my touareg was sideswiped too 😂
Just this year alone I was able to avoid getting sideswiped twice by what seemed to be drivers deliberately pulling into my lane. Years of defensive driving and quick reflexes saved my Treg both times.
Always on the watch.

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
Just this year alone I was able to avoid getting sideswiped twice by what seemed to be drivers deliberately pulling into my lane. Years of defensive driving and quick reflexes saved my Treg both times.
Always on the watch.
Legit same thing happened. Driver deliberately came into my lane. You might be onto something. Why is the world coming after our touaregs

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I'm off to pulls my new wheels/tires off of the treg today. it is officially totalled and being towed out to the insurance lot tomorrow. my wife wants me to buy another 2008-2010 treg and is more than happy to keep driving the golf tdi. I honesty don't even want to buy another vehicle and probably won't. the treg was everything I ever wanted in a well engineered platform...it really is not replaceable.

thanks for all of the advice and kind words.

catch you guys later...ciao

1 - 20 of 27 Posts