Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Doing some work and noticed this vacuum line off the tandem pump had a missing nipple. Not sure what it went to??
The red RTV is from a previous owner.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
That nipple on my R5 feeds the vacuum o the vacuum reservoir behind left headlight & the solenoid valves that feed the EGR, ASV and VGT actuators.

If you have had that vacuum leak for a while you would have pulled dust into the tandem pump.

Replace the tandem pump, as a failed tandem pump can pump diesel into the sump. Which means blown or runaway engine.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Turns out the student working with me broke it off when removing the fuel line off the right tandem pump. So it just happened yesterday w/ no time running with it broken (right tandem pump is already new btw)
I replaced the fuel lines as they were all dry cracked and while I was there -might as well. The return lines had to be sliced off the fuel rail hence the large split in the line in the center of the picture.
I plugged the hole as well as the smaller line above it that it fed.
I did an EGR delete on the V10 and this feed was no longer required.
NO MIL, no pending codes.

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.